Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get the chaincase to stop leaking ? im on my second set of bearings and its leaking again ! makes a mess and gets all over the brake rotor . <_<

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there has to be some way ! mine brake rotor is getting soaked with oil , not good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the chaincase is new and new bearings..................rob, slowing the leak? :lol: i want it to stop ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Mar 9 2003, 08:48 AM
the chaincase is new and new bearings..................rob, slowing the leak? :lol: i want it to stop ! :rolleyes:
f-5snopro,

Let me try yo get this straight:

1) You have had 1 new set of upper and lower bearings and O-rings put in and it did not stop the leak

2) You then have put a completle new chaincase and another new set of upper & lower bearings and new O-rings on when the new chaincase was installed.

Is this the correct series of events, and your chaincase still is leaking????
-John

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
A good quality rtv silicone where the o rings go in place-Both my f5s where leaking on upper jackshift-Make sure o rings dont get pinched and use rtv silicone-Honestly some of my zr500s leaked there also,has been a problem with cat for some time-2004 zr900-no chaincase no leak-Use some silicone and you should be fine-just make sure everything is clean and no oily residue so rtv can stick and setup-both my f5s not a drop since-scott

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the chaincase and bearings were replaced at the same time and now its leaking again. i may have them try the rtv method , if that does not work im going to try something with the old chaincase and try to correc the design myself ............i do love the f-5 though ! :wub:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Try some liquid gasket, its sold in als snowmobile magazine and comes in a bottle and dries like a gasket and is specially used for spots where liquids are invloved like anti-freeze, oil, or gas or somthin. Order a magazine or just try to find it at www.alssnowmobile.com

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow+Mar 9 2003, 10:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-f-5snopro
@Mar 9 2003, 08:48 AM
the chaincase is new and new bearings..................rob, slowing the leak?  :lol:  i want it to stop ! :rolleyes:
f-5snopro,

Let me try yo get this straight:

1) You have had 1 new set of upper and lower bearings and O-rings put in and it did not stop the leak

2) You then have put a completle new chaincase and another new set of upper & lower bearings and new O-rings on when the new chaincase was installed.

Is this the correct series of events, and your chaincase still is leaking????
-John[/b]
Ill second the question

I had a drippy chaincase and the oring on the ID of the LOWER BEARING (i have never seen on a bearing like this before) will get pushed out of the bearing if the jackshaft is rammed into it. There is NO mystery reason for a chaincase leaking.

No offense, but..... if your dealer has some yellowed haired, 5.75/ hr guy working in the shop, this will happen.

Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts