Well, when I drained my chaincase I noticed the plug did not come out normal. I tried reinstalling and it got worse. After looking closer I found it was stripped. I was not sure if I did it or it happened when the dealer was doing the chaincase updates last year. Now I know. It was the dealer. I found sealant on the case threads. Not supposed to be any there and I know I didn't put it there. I could have tried to get a case under warranty but decided to go for a fix myself. Thanks for your advise jgrichert, but I ended up going a different route. I tapped out the hole with a 1/2 X 20 tap. You can run the tap in almost 1.5" before it hits something. Its not the chain either. Got a automotive drain plug and put a O-ring on it. I trimmed the head and removed the magnet. Installed and filled and all is well for now. Pictures are of the hole rethreaded, the new plug and plug installed.