Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I drained my chaincase I noticed the plug did not come out normal. I tried reinstalling and it got worse. After looking closer I found it was stripped. I was not sure if I did it or it happened when the dealer was doing the chaincase updates last year. Now I know. It was the dealer. I found sealant on the case threads. Not supposed to be any there and I know I didn't put it there. I could have tried to get a case under warranty but decided to go for a fix myself. Thanks for your advise jgrichert, but I ended up going a different route. I tapped out the hole with a 1/2 X 20 tap. You can run the tap in almost 1.5" before it hits something. Its not the chain either. Got a automotive drain plug and put a O-ring on it. I trimmed the head and removed the magnet. Installed and filled and all is well for now. Pictures are of the hole rethreaded, the new plug and plug installed.
[attachment=279121:IMG_1932.JPG]
[attachment=279122:IMG_1934.JPG]
[attachment=279123:IMG_1935.JPG]

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Very nice - can I ask why you didn't leave the magnet on there? Nice for picking up the fine shavings...............

·
Registered
357 Posts
Beeler

You probably have a better drain plug that everyone else has ...now! Nice job. Probably better than trying to fight with the dealer.

I would tell the dealer what happened. And I would also tell him that he "owes you one".

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice - can I ask why you didn't leave the magnet on there? Nice for picking up the fine shavings...............[/b]
As you see the plug is longer than stock plug. The magnet added another 1/2 inch. It would have been real close to bottoming and I didn't want to take another chance stripping the hole.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beeler
Probably better than trying to fight with the dealer.

I would tell the dealer what happened. And I would also tell him that he "owes you one".[/b]
I can't agree more. :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts