Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFTER THE SECOND TRIP BACK TO THE DEALER FOR THE LEAKY CHAINCASE, the dealer installed the older style bearings and seals to get it to stop, that is what cat told them to do . i just figured id let everyone know.........................

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
f-5snopro,

Thanks for the update. Mine will be going back for the second time around(leaking) on the bearings also and I will make sure to specify touse the old style bearings.

If you get a chance to ride before the end of the season(done here in Mn..... Did it ever start??), keep us informed as to if it actually did fix the problem, ok?

Also, Could you list the part#'s that your dealer installed for upper and lower bearings? It has been posted on the boards before, but I just want to compare to MAKE SURE I request the proper bearings to take care of this very annoying situation. Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
john,
no problem ! i dont have the numbers handy but ill see what i can do. tomorrow without a doubt, is my last day of riding, i did get 2500 miles though ! :p
they also installed the new seatcover so im pretty much done with things that went wrong.
the total list is

chaincase leak
kill switch fell apart
the usual cat updates
front arm in the rear suspension (curvey wire broke)
1 idler wheel bearing
seat cover(small rip)
pv cable issue

i really dont think thats that bad for 2500 miles of hard riding............the sled never left me starnded and the engine package has been flawless to say the least . next year will be even better seeing the bugs are worked out of it. i love this thing ! :wub:
i feel bad that the f-7's had more and larger issues but im sure cat will stand behind it !

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no leaks after another 100 miles, wont have part numbers till the dealer opens on tues. ^_^

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Mar 16 2003, 07:17 PM
no leaks after another 100 miles, wont have part numbers till the dealer opens on tues. ^_^
f-5snopro,

100 miles and no leacky chaincase.... That's definatly a positive. From what I have seen after bearing replacement, they usually will leak IMMEDIATELY. Please keep us up to speed with. Thanks.
-John

ps Didn't your dealer give you a repair order/invoice with the part#'s and labor ect...??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Blew both bearings in chain case at 1100 miles. Now have 02 bearings; heavier and more substantial bearings. Cat, trying to make the F's lighter went to a new and lighter bearing that is obviously not up to the F7's power.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was all under warranty........no slip. but the numbers listed above are not whats in my sled...............i remember him saying a number that had a 27 in it, ill know more tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts