Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my F5 apart and come to find out the both bearings cracked and the o-rings was shot. i had very little oil and the chain was ugly loose and burnt. you better check yours and dont...DONT use the bearing with the groove on the outside of the bearing .they are junk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to replace my blown track and checked the lower bearing and the outer race was cracked through. I replaced it with the old style (w/o the groove) and put the O-ring on the outside like we used too!!!!! I did not check the upper bearing though. Wish I had. Also the end of my axle, into the splined shaft, fell off when I slid off the lower gear.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Kraig@Feb 7 2003, 05:34 AM
I replaced it with the old style (w/o the groove) and put the O-ring on the outside like we used too!!!!!
Kraig,

Could you explain in a bit more detail on what bearing to use (part # or application possibly?) when replacing the "new" style bearings with the groove in them??? Are the upper(jack) and lower(drive) shafts are the same size as preivious ZR's?? Thanks!
-John

R

·
0 Posts
RUSTYO.IF YOUR GOING THRU BEARINGS CHECK YOUR DRIVE SHAFT IT VERY WELL COULD BE BENT, THATS THE PROBLEM WITH MINE.GOOD LUCK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts