Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my chain just busted on my F7. Anyone else have there chain give out?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Take a look in the Litterbox problem forum. I saw 2 other guys in there who broke their chain. They said the best bet was to go to a 15 wide chain and you'll have to get the top sprocket to go with it. The bottom sprocket can remain at the stock 13 wide. They said that the 15 wide was a must if you ride hard because it is much more durable. Also your chain should always be finger tight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try to get the chain and gear setup from the '03 SnoPro. Much more durable chain, but you need the correct sprockets to go with it.

R

·
0 Posts
It is very important to keep your chains at the right tension. I bet the guys having problems had slack in their chains.

·
Registered
209 Posts
there was no slack in my chain when it broke . I check my chain all the time due to problems i had with my srxs . this isnt my first rodeo , shit happens :D arctic cat should have put the 15 wide chain in from the start with this much hp . on a better note thanks you arctic cat for building the best sled i have ever owned . after 2200 miles , 1000 hole shots and zero losses the chain broke BIG DEAL :D this sled is great :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by snowmanf7sp@Feb 23 2003, 06:12 PM
there was no slack in my chain when it broke . I check my chain all the time due to problems i had with my srxs . this isnt my first rodeo , shit happens :D arctic cat should have put the 15 wide chain in from the start with this much hp . on a better note thanks you arctic cat for building the best sled i have ever owned . after 2200 miles , 1000 hole shots and zero losses the chain broke BIG DEAL :D this sled is great :D
The dealer is going to replace the chain and sprockets with 15 wide, and I only have to pay the price difference. Said it will be around 30 dollars or so.

·
Registered
209 Posts
good deal earl , i didnt want any down time , i would have had to wait for the 15 wide setup so i just went with the stock setup . if i dont get a new f7 i will get the 15 wide setup on this summer . good luck :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also changing to 19/40 gearing for more hole shoot. I can't remember what gearing is in it now, it is the high altitude gearing, since I ride between 4500' to 9000' all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts