Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
ran a 20/41 with no problem. The chain with the stock gears has almost ZERO hourglass to it. With the 20/41 you just about run out of tensioner adjust. But it works

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ZREFIrider ... How did you find the gears in 660' what was your speed over stock....thanks

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Originally posted by highlander@Jan 25 2003, 01:14 PM
ZREFIrider ... How did you find the gears in 660' what was your speed over stock....thanks
I used this setup out west (didnt work for shit).

Sorry, dont get much into the 660' stuff, but it would HAVE to be better than stock in the short race.

Pat

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you are going to order gears I would get a chain too, there is nothing more frustrating than almost being in there and running out of chain or having too much. If you want to play get all the stuff. You will use it sooner or later. It's just the way I operate, get a few gears, two or three of each, top and bottom and buy a chain depending on which way you want to go, bigger or smaller, faster or slower.
Evil

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Originally posted by Evil Twin@Jan 26 2003, 10:48 AM
If you are going to order gears I would get a chain too, there is nothing more frustrating than almost being in there and running out of chain or having too much. If you want to play get all the stuff. You will use it sooner or later. It's just the way I operate, get a few gears, two or three of each, top and bottom and buy a chain depending on which way you want to go, bigger or smaller, faster or slower.
Evil
with a 20/41 the bow in the chain is less than most sleds stock. Chains are 70.00 bones. You dont need it with that setup.

Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts