1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
klotz in the motor and klotz on the gears- :div20:

·
Registered
464 Posts
don't mean to sound stupid, but does this oil evaporate out. I was BONE dry! I am going to add AMzoil gear lube. with a slight splash of graphite. will that be OK?

Karl

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
oil will not evaporate out, more than likely, you are leaking through the case bearings. I've also found that amsoil oil in my reverse chaincase would cause a leak on the back of the case, bearings or something else. Never could tell where it was coming from. I reverted back to the arctic can chain case oil, no more leaks. figure that one out.

FF

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I always change it yearly. One year when I decided to skip switching it, and I had to take my chaincase apart the oil looked like a snow cone. I'm not kidding either, it was mostly ice there was so much water in there. I always ran Amsoil synthetic chaincase oil. Only $5 for a 12 oz bottle. I think Cats use 8oz but double check your owners manual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I use ATF in my race sled. I have heard people use it in the trail sleds too. You may have more of a chance with leaks with ATF, but on the real cold days it will be much thinner than chaincase oil.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am leaking out. I took the battery out and wiped the bottom of the belly pan. Is this a warranty issue. My sled is only two years old?

thanks,

Karl

ps. no wonder mase case is dry. How would I drain out the remaining? is there a gasket or something?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Under the tunnel on the back of the chain case, down on the bottom there is a drain plug. Its a 7/16 bolt, pull that out and drain the chaincase. Its a tight squeeze between the back of the chaincase & track so a little inginuity in the form of a home made funnel will be neccessary :div20:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by Karlmich@Oct 25 2005, 05:24 PM
I am leaking out. I took the battery out and wiped the bottom of the belly pan. Is this a warranty issue. My sled is only two years old?

thanks,

Karl

ps. no wonder my case is dry. How would I drain out the remaining? is there a gasket or something?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=955221
[/quote]

I got the answer to my Question IT IS COVERED. my dealer is also going to gear it down for me for free!!! SO he Says. right now i have 22t/40t

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
i have run ATF in all my past sleds, its going in the f7 this week also. i usually dump it 2-3 times a year since atf is so cheap plus it gives me a chance to keep an eye on chain tension and wear if it happens. never had any issues in my other sleds with ATF. we will see how the f7 likes it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I use 0w-40 from Mobil 1

I buy a quart and it lasts about 3 years, depending on how often i change it.

Fast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts