Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Remove the pipe and take the case cover off to drain and clean it out.

Re-tap the holes, they are a M6-1.0, and replace the bolts. The bolts skidoo used are a POS and they have a tapered edge that will strip out the casing when you put them back in.

Replace the case cover and refill via the breather opening. Make sure you have the plug at the rear of the case removed when filling, this is your level.

If your like me, during my first oil changing, I drilled a hole in the bottom of the case, tapped it, and installed a drain plug so I dont have to go through this crap again.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove the pipe and take the case cover off to drain and clean it out.

Re-tap the holes, they are a M6-1.0, and replace the bolts. The bolts skidoo used are a POS and they have a tapered edge that will strip out the casing when you put them back in.

Replace the case cover and refill via the breather opening. Make sure you have the plug at the rear of the case removed when filling, this is your level.

If your like me, during my first oil changing, I drilled a hole in the bottom of the case, tapped it, and installed a drain plug so I dont have to go through this crap again.
What size drain plug did you use was it out of another sled?
Did you do it from the bottom and have to drill out some metal in foot well

·
Registered
547 Posts
What size drain plug did you use was it out of another sled?
Did you do it from the bottom and have to drill out some metal in foot well
Dont remember the size of the plug, just one i picked up from the local auto store. It has a magnetic tip and allen-head to remove, similar to the revs drain plug. Size of the plug doesnt matter as long as its very shallow and small enough to fit the casing, less then 1/4".

I put the sled on its side and started with a 1" hole in the foot well right underneath where the plug was going to go. Then i drilled the case and tapped it.

I should probably add, I have an 800 etec, but the case is the same for the 4-tec. Steps to add a drain-plug should be the same.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just changed chain case oil. Loosened all 10 mm bolts popped cover and oil came out. Tightened all bolts back u up. I measured how much oil was in there it was 250ml or 8oz. I'm reading that some say put 12-16oz in what should I do? I have a 2010

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just changed chain case oil. Loosened all 10 mm bolts popped cover and oil came out. Tightened all bolts back u up. I measured how much oil was in there it was 250ml or 8oz. I'm reading that some say put 12-16oz in what should I do? I have a 2010
there is a square-drive drain plug in the rear of the case. Remove this plug and fill her up till oil start to come out of the hole. Give the oil a minute to settle then put the plug back in and button her up.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Last post is incorrect for 1200's with mechanical reverse. Ski-Doo has put out a bulletin on the 1200's, you need to double up on the chaincase oil. Text from the bulletin:

"Service bulletin 2010-15:

AWARENESS
In order to reduce the possibility of transmission
disengagement the chain case oil capacity specification
was increased to 500 ml. This will allow
a better cooling of the internal components and
avoid transmission disengagement.

As specified in the maintenance chart, the chaincase
oil need to be replaced and drive chain tension
need to be adjusted at 10-hours or 500km
(300 mi) and at storage.

NOTE: With the new 500 ml oil quantity specification,
the magnetic check plug can not be used
anymore as of oil level indicator. (pre 2011)

Recommended Chaincase Oil
Use XPS SYNTHETIC CHAINCASE OIL (P/N 413 803 300).

NOTICE Use only the recommended type oil
when servicing. Do not mix synthetic oil with
other types of oil."

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have a 2013 mxz sport ace600 and I tried to put 16.2 oz like the book says I took out the allen and about 14 oz the oil came out saying its full...so what should I do ?

chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts