Hardcore Sledder banner

CF 7 weights and Helix preload

473 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  W.F.O. 
#1 ·
Qustion:

06 CF7.

Shift out is 1/4 from top, will heavier weights work. I believe stock are 75g.

In the secondary how much preload on the spring should their be?

Should the rollers in the secondary be at the bottom, mine are 1/4 up the helix.

I have the 9000" kit, weights and helix. Which also does not provide full shit out, should I go up in weight than what came in the 9000" kit.

#2 ·
I installed 77g cat weights and I acheived full shift out and peak performance rpm @0-3000'. But once the snow got heavier and it was warmer out I was not pulling the rpm's that I did when the snow was lighter and it was colder out. The conditions definetly dictate how your boggan will perform. With the 9000' kit I take it you are running in the elevation range for the weights and helix you bought. Is there evidence of slipping on the primary clutch sheave, like belt material? Or is it getting extremely hot? If it's slipping than it's not sqeazing the belt hard enough, and I would sugguest trying a couple gram heavier weights, and/or try installing the next heavier primary spring and if it can pull the weights, or squeeze the spring, but not maintain the peak performance rpm, than I'd try adjusting the secondary spring to compensate. If one change works and one doesn't your dealer should let you return that part if there good guys. I'm not a pro, but I'm sure some others will chime in. One thing before you try to break the bolts loose holdin the weights in make sure you heat the nuts up with a torch to loosen up that damn loctite. Or you might get cracked weights like I did, covered by warranty of course lol. I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm goin to try for a clutch setup the flatlands, but I don't wanna give it away untill I test it out.
Keeper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.