Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just joined as a HCS advertiser / sponsor.

All orders from HCS members prior to Nov 30 /2005 will receive FREE return shipping anywhere in the USA or Canada. The minimum order value must be $200.00 or more.

Fireball specializes in ceramic coatings, powder coatings, heat dispersement coatings and internal engine coatings for race or performance applications.

We can ceramic coat your pipes, powder coat your suspension parts, or coat your pistons, heads or engine to maximise part life & performance.

Check out our website for more info. :beerchug:

www.fireballcoatings.com

For US customers, please do not ship via UPS as we are charged 3% brokerage based on the declared value. The easiest / economical method is via the Mail with accelerated service that can be tracked or insured. It takes 3-6 days with mail and has no extra charges attached either way.

Regards,

Mark Stevenson
Fireball Coatings Inc.
www.fireballcoatings.com
519-925-6342

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Oct 7 2005, 08:28 AM
I highly recommend these guys.  Very nice work and great turn around!

Mark can you do annitiz coatings?  I am looking to get a set of front shock springs coated to a red chrome.  My dad when picking up my pipe stated that he saw a red chrome drive shaft at your shop.  Do you think you could hook me up with somthing?

Don......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914252
[/quote]

Don

Thanks for the reference.

Your dad saw our Candy Red Powder applied on polished ceramic coating. The effect is like Candy red chrome and is very durable. The Candy red is a transparent powder that shows the reflection of the polished ceramic behind. The springs on my T-Cat below were coated in this colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Is there a wierd sound bit on this page?

And could you PM me a quote on what it would cost to coat my pipe, y-pipe and can?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
so.. this is sorta a stupid question but besides holding in heat better does coating do anything else??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by FastFirecat@Oct 8 2005, 10:35 AM
Can I get a price quote on my a-arms for powdercoating?

spindles, arms, rod, and springs....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916247
[/quote]

A complete set of A-Arms are $100.00 USD / $120.00 CDN powder coated (any standard 1-coat colour) or $130.00USD / 150 CND ceramic coated or coated witha 2 stage powder such as all candy or transparent colours.

Spindles are $60.00 USD / $75.00 per set powder coated or $100.00 / $120.00 CND polished ceramic.

Springs are 60.00 USD / $50.00 cnd.

So $220.00 USD will powder coat the entire front end. All prep is included.

Regards,

Mark Stevenson
www.fireballcoatings.com

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-kid@Oct 8 2005, 08:37 PM
so.. this is sorta a stupid question but besides holding in heat better does coating do anything else??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917100
[/quote]

The ceramic coating does a few other things.

1. If you take the sheild off your stock pipe you might be shocked at the corrosion and rust. I have seen 20-30 pinholes in a stock pipe under the sheilds. Coating the pipe allows you to take the sheilds off permanently which will keep the pipe from rusting. The sooner you coat the pipe the better since the rust will pit and eventually destroy the pipe. Our ceramic coating has passed a 5000 hr salt spray test meaning its very good coating to prevent rust or corosion. Typical powder coatings will pass a 1500 hr salt spray test.

2. The coating is easy to maintain. A polish 1-2 times per year wit aluminum polish will keep it looking good. Spray with silicone lube in the off season to protect in storage.

3. It looks cool. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by arctic-cat-kid@Oct 8 2005, 08:37 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917100
[/quote]

I took my heat sheld off my pipe and nere [email protected]!......all kinds of rust. That was and 05 with 1700km on it. :dunno: Not only getting rid of the rust but keeping the heat in the pipe not under the hood. :div20:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Oct 9 2005, 07:46 AM
I took my heat sheld off my pipe and nere [email protected]!......all kinds of rust.  That was and 05 with 1700km on it.  :dunno:  Not only getting rid of the rust but keeping the heat in the pipe not under the hood.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917515
[/quote]

True.

I have seen brand new pipes that had rust under the sheilds. If the sled is exposed to rain the insulation gets soaked and holds moisture against the pipe for days / weeks.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by arcticcatboots@Oct 10 2005, 08:43 PM
So maybe I missed it but what does it cost to get the pipe, can and y pipe done for an 03 F7?

Can we use Fedex when sending?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921092
[/quote]

$200.00 USD for the complete system.

Yes Fedex or post it. If you ship Fedex mark the waybill that the parts are being sent to Canada for re-finishing and being returned to sender. We will return ship at no cost. No taxes are applicable.

Regards,

Mark Stevenson
www.fireballcoatings.com

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just wondering......

How rusty can items be before you coat them. Do you and/or will you sandblast items for further.......

Thanks,
Jens

1 - 20 of 51 Posts