Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Mark does great work and is a good guy to boot. He is very active in sponsoring races and offers a very competitive price for all his products. Not just ceramic coatings as he does powder coating and lubricant coatings as well. I run his coatings on my Engine Tech 900 pistons and they look like new after the beating we have gvien this motor at the track and on the dyno. Try him out you can't go wrong.

ptm

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Sep 6 2005, 07:11 PM
Two thumbs up to fireball.  I welded the seam of the stock pipe before I sent it in.  Just in case.  $285 for the pipe, Ypipe, and can.  Trying to be the bling king.....  :banana:   :div20:  :div20:

Just wating for my Boss tanker and it is all nuts a bolts.
http://www.fireballcoatings.com/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863221
[/quote]

Thanks for the good references!!

Actually the single system was $225.00 Canadian / $258.75 including local tax.

Just a note. Fireball will be advertising on HCS by the end of this week. We will be offering a pre-season pricing for HCS members. We will post once we have taken care of bussiness with HCS. Don't worry DonoBBD.........I will pass the savings in Fireball certificates to you.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have a upcoming engagement and I need a quick turnaruond . What are you thinking time wise ??? I am a friend of Stan .........please don't charge me double cause I said that . :frech11:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 6 2005, 07:55 PM
I have a upcoming engagement and I need a quick turnaruond . What are you thinking time wise ??? I am a friend of Stan .........please don't charge me double cause I said that .  :frech11:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863328
[/quote]

I know who you are.............I have seen your sled run on the asphalt. :augen41:

We can turn it around in 1-2 days. If you are shipping from the USA......DO NOT SHIP UPS. Ship Fedex or Priority Mail (if you can wait 3-5 days each way for shipping). PM or call to make arrangements for 48hr turn around so we know its comming. I could give the pipe to Stan if he is running at the same events?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 6 2005, 07:52 PM
Is the inside of the y-pipe and pipe coated just like the outside? Just thinking that would help with carbon build-up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863320
[/quote]

We do not coat inside Y-Pipes or especially inside the pipes. The ceramic has more of a thermal barrier effect when its applied on the inside of an exhaust system. On 2 strokes this can change the heat / wave dynamic of the pipe.........meaning it can change the peak rpm or it can build too much heat causing hp loss on long pulls. This is less of a concern on stock pipes since they are cold to begin with......but regardless........unless we are instructed otherwise .........we coat outside only.

BTW..................every stock pipe we have dyno'd has made a few extra 1-2hp / 1-2ft/lbs torque coated vs non-coated. The coated stock pipe we have dyno'd also made their peak power quicker than non coated.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turn around was very fast very fast. I had my Dad drop it off when he was going north to the camp and pick it up on the way home. Less than a week.

I am very very happy..........After I dust the little stock 600 that is in my ride I will be getting the M8-F8 and will get the pistons coated on top and the dry lube on the skirts.

Don Oudekerk..... :div20:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
He does do a coating in black nto sure 100% if it is ceramic. I had it done on my F6 pipe and it still looks like new.

ptm

·
Registered
893 Posts
Originally posted by jeffh62@Sep 7 2005, 07:42 AM
maybe a dumb question but can you ceramic coat in black ??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863951
[/quote]

Fireball has 2 black ceramic coatings. A Black Satin 2000f and a Flat Black that is good for 2200F. Same price as the other colours.

White, grey, silver blue and flat red is also available.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Originally posted by $sLeDnEcKs$@Sep 7 2005, 08:40 PM
hey mark,whats the silver blue? is it kinda like a burnt look to?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864934
[/quote]

The silver blue is actually a sky blue colour that can be polished to a silver / blue.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Fireball can coat your control arms and spindles too! :smiley-faces7:

As seen in my avatar.

I will post some nicer pics tonight!! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
[attachment=94817:attachment][attachment=94818:attachment]More of Mark's great work.

Jim

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I know that he will be receiving some parts from me over the winter and getting the coatings on....that is awsome lookin gear...gotta go bling!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts