Hardcore Sledder banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I can't comment on the ctech since I've never owned one, but in my experience the Procross chassis just isn't fast across a lake. I've done a lot of work to my 15 to make it just okay. For what it's worth I'm not really impressed with a stock poo or doo 850's either. I understand this isn't what they were built for nor do a lot of riders care but it's what we are talking about it.

I don't want to open myself up to a public lynching here but my wife trail rides my 11 CFR 8 128. When it's time to cross a lake she will beat any stock 850 that we have in the group, hands down. Including my 15 with a ported riot kit, the thing just rocks.... Adjustable primary weights are the only aftermarket part in it.
Those cfr's definitely had some legs for sure. And the firecats 13.5 track was a much bigger top end advantage than many realized... I ran a 14" on my '07 dragon 700 for a season, and it instantly picked up noticeable mph...

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
LOL...That was 20 years ago with the Firecats...They haven't been doing that for any racers for a long time...It's easy to whine about it for literally decades now...Maybe you dont remember the ISR changed the rules around 2004-05 and let the other stock class racers run aftermarket fuel mgmt on their sleds to try to even the racing up...Didnt work out the Cat tuners still cleaned house in the 700 stk class for years...A more egregious stock class rule violation was when Doo gave certain drag race teams their Mach 1x sleds...lol...Talk about a cheater sled...670cc...Twin Pipes...Twin 44mm carbs ...EXTREMELY hot ECU's...It was so blatant that in 1994 the ISR OUTLAWED those sleds from running in stock class......
Come on you know better then that; cat had and probably is still giving out race ecu programs for the ZUK 800. Most all the racers use the cat 800 race box. Yes ISR does allow an aftermarket fuel controller but it cant have ignition timing control so it does not compare to a fully setup factory race ECU. Cats filed weights are out to lunch and that is a huge reason they do so well racing. I've owned cat 800 zuk sleds, they were complete turds. I remember the Mach 1x, they were cool but yeah purpose built for racers.
I can't comment on the ctech since I've never owned one, but in my experience the Procross chassis just isn't fast across a lake. I've done a lot of work to my 15 to make it just okay. For what it's worth I'm not really impressed with a stock poo or doo 850's either. I understand this isn't what they were built for nor do a lot of riders care but it's what we are talking about it.
I don't want to open myself up to a public lynching here but my wife trail rides my 11 CFR 8 128. When it's time to cross a lake she will beat any stock 850 that we have in the group, hands down. Including my 15 with a ported riot kit, the thing just rocks.... Adjustable primary weights are the only aftermarket part in it.
Yeah I can see if your wife is smaller woman on a CFR 800 that runs good it can beat completely unsetup 850's across the lake. Put the same effort into a Polaris 850 and CFR will not run with it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah I can see if your wife is smaller woman on a CFR 800 that runs good it can beat completely unsetup 850's across the lake. Put the same effort into a Polaris 850 and CFR will not run with it.
[/QUOTE]

I was talking stock for stock only. Everything goes out the window when you start making changes, and I know your stuff runs really good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
They also released a sled they won’t sell you. I hope it doesn’t go the route of the snow bike release they did at haydays 5 or so years ago
You also tried to "order" it the day before they released it. Do you think Polaris would have let you order a 9R had you tried to order it the day before the release? I've seen you post this in a couple spots and your lack of self awareness on what you were asking is perplexing. They have stated you will be able to order in Feb/March for deliver next fall. What more do you want?

·
Registered
21,427 Posts
You also tried to "order" it the day before they released it. Do you think Polaris would have let you order a 9R had you tried to order it the day before the release? I've seen you post this in a couple spots and your lack of self awareness on what you were asking is perplexing. They have stated you will be able to order in Feb/March for deliver next fall. What more do you want?
I could have ordered the Polaris 9r. I don’t order snowmobiles like most people. I buy them from friend’s that own dealers

·
Registered
332 Posts
I could have ordered the Polaris 9r. I don’t order snowmobiles like most people. I buy them from friend’s that own dealers
Haha, so no you couldn't have ordered a 9r. Your dealer friend would have put you first on the list to order when the order window opened (essentially a couple days later). Your cat dealer could do the same, if they wanted to do so, but since the order window doesn't open for another 5 months, they said no. Again, your ability to not understand the difference between the two situations is comical.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Me heard that all but one of those sleds at haydays were the actual prototypes, that they dolled up before the big event... thats why no underhoods.

With that begin said, I believe the black zr was the one that is seen in the herfdal video of testing. They ran that sled for 1500 miles in 3 days, was something like a 3 or 5 mile loop that was almost identical to how it looked in the video clip, 3 different riders, and they would run a tank of gas through then switch riders. Over the 1500 miles, no failures. Pretty impressive if I dont say so myself, them boys know how to ride and those looked like some pretty serious whoops.

I pondered ordering one for my fiance, but seeing as they only plan on releasing 600 I am not sure if it will be worth it or not.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Come on you know better then that; cat had and probably is still giving out race ecu programs for the ZUK 800. Most all the racers use the cat 800 race box. Yes ISR does allow an aftermarket fuel controller but it cant have ignition timing control so it does not compare to a fully setup factory race ECU. Cats filed weights are out to lunch and that is a huge reason they do so well racing. I've owned cat 800 zuk sleds, they were complete turds. I remember the Mach 1x, they were cool but yeah purpose built for racers.

You think a 165hp 850 can out run a 162hp CFR 800 with 14” track stock and much lower suspension ? The CFR has 4-5mph on it stock right out of the box On top end.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts