Hardcore Sledder banner

Catalyst

10065 137
Cats new chassis unveiled. Looks ok but comes with a 600 only for 24. What are first impressions?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Out of respect to my cat brother's and sisters...I decided to ask this here, I read a lot of Cat guys saying the ctec 8 was competitive with Doo and poos 850's. Has anyone experienced this? I'm my experiences, they wouldn't even hang with our 800's. (Stock trim). Honest question, no dis respect intended, just been thinking about it.
You would have to pick your poison...Are you a world class tuner or keyboard jockey...800cc CATZ have dominated stock class @ Haydays For almost a decade...Not 1 Polaris made the final, and only 2 Ski Doo's since 2015...An XF-800 has held the World Speed Record (118.5) in stock 800 with the NSSR since 2015...Soooo, If people think their sled is fast or their tuning ability is world class they should bring it to a NATIONAL EVENT and run it against REAL TUNERS....BTW...Im on a Ski-Doo currently, so NO dog in the fight....

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That's why I specifically said "stock trim". Organized drag racing means very little other than bragging rights. I've seen amazing tuners/riders do fantastic things. I know that with riot kits they are a much different animal. I was more referring to the majority of us that trail ride and go play on the lakes time to time. 144 beat up trail studs don't do a whole lot on a plowed ice strip lol. And the c tec 8 came out in '18 right?
I would rather race and LOSE at a national event, that way I know the race is run by ISR rules and has the best of the best for tech....Anything else is bush league...And normally a haven for cheaters...BTW...those 800 catz I mentioned are ALL stock...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That’s because they are not really stock. And if you look close most of the winners are Suzuki’s not ctec. Hmmmm how is it that a sled by same manu in same chassis wins with the older less powerful engine ?
Apparently theres BETTER tuners in Mn than in NY...BTW...Ron Bray who runs the NSSR has world class tech guys...No cheaters EVER make it thru their tech...Doesnt matter what engine manufacturer...It's all about 800cc class...Ive had 5 800cc catz since 2002...Guess which one was the fastest...YEP...The old school 2002 zr-8...It's laughable how much more top end speed that sled had than the others on an end of the earth lake run...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
OMG man, you're really missing the point here. Have you ever trail ridden with some buds? Got to the lakes and went balls out for a few miles? Played around on a roll start? Lined up with your trail riding buds and did the ole throw the snowball? Or have another friend start ya? Most people don't bring a tree and timing lights when we go.
YEP....53 seasons worth...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
They have dominated because of Cats race department, the guys racing them and the fact that almost no doo or Polaris has run stock 800 class at Haydays in a decade because of no factory support. The 800 Cat that ran 118.5 and never to be seen again... Funny one of the fellow Cat pros saw the sled and said it shouldn't have made it through tech.

Yes, cheaters have got through Ron's tech. I saw it happen and things do get past them because somethings they cant catch everything.
No one can argue how fast the 800 ZUK is in a pro's hands with Cats looser then a $2 whore engine/sled filed specs but those sleds are nothing like what we race our buddy's with. Out on the lake Cat 800's do not compete with 850's and its not close. Stock for stock an AXYS or Indy 800 and doo's 800 etec would beat them up.

Last Weenie Roast I raced against some of the best Cat 800's, former Haydays stock 800 champs and a world record holder. With less then one season on a new to me 850 Polaris I got 2nd place.
You sound like a legend in your own mind...Until your name and sled is listed as a winner at a national event your just another internet wannabee..........

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My name and sled has been listed as a winner at a national event. Has your's or are you just an
internet loser?
YEP...More than a few dozen like 9 world series on ice class champions...A few Minocqua Cups...Michigan Cups...MADRG Open Fuel Champ 3x...ASDRA Open Mod points champ 2x
Raced in 14 classes at most nat'l events...340 open/hvy mod...440 open/hvy mod...540 open/hvy mod...660 open/hvy mod...800 open/hvy mod...1000 open/hvy mod...Open Fuel n2o...AA stock (92 Mach 1x)...You couldnt afford the fuel bill...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Shorts Hood Asphalt
Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
known to support drag racers with some pretty good ecus
LOL...That was 20 years ago with the Firecats...They haven't been doing that for any racers for a long time...It's easy to whine about it for literally decades now...Maybe you dont remember the ISR changed the rules around 2004-05 and let the other stock class racers run aftermarket fuel mgmt on their sleds to try to even the racing up...Didnt work out the Cat tuners still cleaned house in the 700 stk class for years...A more egregious stock class rule violation was when Doo gave certain drag race teams their Mach 1x sleds...lol...Talk about a cheater sled...670cc...Twin Pipes...Twin 44mm carbs ...EXTREMELY hot ECU's...It was so blatant that in 1994 the ISR OUTLAWED those sleds from running in stock class......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts