Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Does it sound like a next gen mountain suspension is coming called Bravo...
That was my first thought as well.
Will Cat really use the NATO phonetic alphabet, so after Bravo it's be Charlie, or was that the 'slip'?!
After my first thought, I thought again, and decided that maybe he really did make an honest mistake and was in the military and just screwed up.
They trademarked BRAVO and DELTA at the same time as ALPHA.
Well that solved that question I guess. But what about poor Charlie? Was he skipped? Why was he skipped? Let's have a moment of silence for poor Charlie...

Registered
I think it was just a honest mistake. I was told by a former AC engineer who helped work on it during development that the alpha skid was referred to as alpha bravo during development and they dropped the bravo reference upon release.

Registered
3:31 to say , all the shit we said wasn鈥檛 good is now good and we are now doing it . We made a ski-poo and painted It green end of report. 馃槀
Like Polaris did in 03 when the REV rider-forward ergos came out and Doo did when the RX-1 four-stroke came out... They all do it when they get caught behind the 8-ball

Registered
Like Polaris did in 03 when the REV rider-forward ergos came out and Doo did when the RX-1 four-stroke came out... They all do it when they get caught behind the 8-ball
Exactly like that. Yes they all have done it. But it鈥檚 still true regardless. So I think in this case it must be 3 wrongs make a right鈥︹︹.. and I thought that was reserved for lefts 馃ぃ

Registered
Although I鈥檓 not sure about the ergos statement but I know poo said trailing arms were better than A-Arms 鈥︹ and today that鈥檚 not true but when they said it I did actually prefer the front end of a trailing arm Polaris to a 03 rev. And in 03 was t cat hanging thier hat on the f chassis being better than the rev. (Btw even though I agree that sled changed the way we do things I thought the 03 rev was ok at best. ) anyway back to the trickle down endless release of the catalast. Lol.

Registered
Although I鈥檓 not sure about the ergos statement but I know poo said trailing arms were better than A-Arms 鈥︹ and today that鈥檚 not true but when they said it I did actually prefer the front end of a trailing arm Polaris to a 03 rev. And in 03 was t cat hanging thier hat on the f chassis being better than the rev. (Btw even though I agree that sled changed the way we do things I thought the 03 rev was ok at best. ) anyway back to the trickle down endless release of the catalast. Lol.
I think sometimes OEM's sometimes get caught up in their own marketing or listen too closely to the engineers. I remember Tim Bender writing an article for a magazine about the superiority of TSS suspension shortly before the Vmax 500/600 was debuted. Then when those sleds came out, they talked about the Vmax sleds having a longer wheelbase than the Exciter and Phazer. The whoops, bumps and moguls changed over the years as wheelbases lengthened. So, Yamaha had to lengthen the chassis size.

No OEM will ever say their stuff is junk so sometimes they hang onto their own ideas a little too long.

Premium Member
I remember reading Olav Aaen writing an editorial in American Snowmobiler magazine stating that rider-forward was tested way back in the 70s, and that it's not the best design for snowmobiles. He claims engine in the front/rider in the back was best. Something about spreading the weight over the entire chassis was better for riding the bumps....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts