Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Sky Wheel

Clothing Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Asphalt

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting

Sky World Shade Leisure Grass
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

· Banned
1,221 Posts
It doesn’t hurt the sled. Tail lights and snow flaps are cheap. When I hit my sled with my car it did more damage to it than hitting it with a sled. And it was just a sticker that got scraped
Cheap? Between $64 and $93 on Country Cats website for the flap. $65 for the taillight. I would say that is not cheap.

· Registered
1,056 Posts
The red on the "RIOT" graphics looks more orange in these pictures, in other pictures I've seen it has ben RED and kind of clashed with the orange.. Interesting, must have something to do with lighting because it is probably the same protos that are beeing shipped around to shows.
The color is hard to describe, for that reason - lighting seems to change it more dramatically than most colors. I think it leans more toward red than orange.

· Registered
998 Turbo, R-XC, F7
1,010 Posts
One thing that stands out to me is when Troy says he thought the 600 class was under-rated. I do agree with that overall. However, that is 100% irrelevant if the majority of the sled community wants or thinks they need a big bore. The disconnect between what Cat thinks should be sold and what actually sells still seems to be a big issue.

· Registered
433 Posts
One thing that stands out to me is when Troy says he thought the 600 class was under-rated. I do agree with that overall. However, that is 100% irrelevant if the majority of the sled community wants or thinks they need a big bore. The disconnect between what Cat thinks should be sold and what actually sells still seems to be a big issue.
I think they know what the majority wants but the big engine isn’t ready yet so they will push the 600 until it is…would be nice if we got a surprise when ordering opens but I doubt it..I will run the 600 for a season or two until the big engine is out since I will be due for a sled anyways. I read somewhere with the updates to the 600 along with the increase in drivetrain efficiency netted 12+ HP at the track vs 600 in a Procross.

· Registered
740 Posts
I think they know what the majority wants but the big engine isn’t ready yet so they will push the 600 until it is…would be nice if we got a surprise when ordering opens but I doubt it..I will run the 600 for a season or two until the big engine is out since I will be due for a sled anyways. I read somewhere with the updates to the 600 along with the increase in drivetrain efficiency netted 12+ HP at the track vs 600 in a Procross.
Agree with that. Troy has no choice to push the 600 since the 800 isn't ready. They wouldn't hold back on the 800 if it was ready. It's unfortunate but they can't roll it out until it's ready.

From what they said though I'm excited about the 600. I have a 600 now and it's more than enough in the twisty's and I don't need more engine but it would be really nice to have more on longer straightaways just so it doesn't feel like it's working so hard.

· Registered
252 Posts
Polaris had the exact same situation back in the ‘06-‘07 time period. Their assbackwards 700 & 900 motors were complete turds so the 600 was all they had to offer for a while. They had a conventional 700 that wasn’t available in a trail sled. Then they set the world on fire with the CFI 800 that constantly blew up and had electrical issues.

· Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
803 Posts
Funny thing is, when I got back into sledding in '09 I bought a sled from an old co-workers buddy who was selling an '06 Fusion. Lucky for me it was a 600 and I still own it. I still would've bought it if it were a 700 or a 900 because the deal was too good to pass up.

· Banned
1,221 Posts
Funny thing is, when I got back into sledding in '09 I bought a sled from an old co-workers buddy who was selling an '06 Fusion. Lucky for me it was a 600 and I still own it. I still would've bought it if it were a 700 or a 900 because the deal was too good to pass up.
It cracks me up at those crying for a bigger motor now. Knowing it is not ready or certified. Would come out of there skin if it was a problem child, like anything bigger than a 600 Polaris motor.

· Banned
1,221 Posts
The 800 could stick around. Cat's website says "we have higher displacement engines in development" which implies more than one.
Rumor I hear from my local dealer is a NA 870 and a Turbo 870. The new platform requires (just a guess) new fuel maps which may cause it to have to be re certified by the EPA. Very expensive process which should not be but when your Government works against you at every turn?

61 - 80 of 117 Posts