Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Cat take care of out of warrenty problems before. I don't think they will give a blanket warrenty but I think any problems related to oil or cooling will be covered past warrenty for a reasonable time, or anything else that is a common problem. Cat will not alienate that many owners, especially now that we have HCS.com to give us power in numbers. We have the ability to gather statistics that can be passed out to all our members. As a group we are a force to b reckoned with!
Thanks Rob for creating this site!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
With all the bad publicity on the 03 I think they have lost a ton of potential 04 Firecat buyers.
Without something in writing warrenty could be hit and miss, Could depend on dealer or documentation of ongoing problem....Well I guess there is alot of that..LOL ^_^

·
Registered
125 Posts
how do we get rid of the 03 firecats to get the 04 or 05's???? without a entended warranty it will make it even harder....

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
What do you mean cat won’t let us down? Arctic Cat is letting every Firecat owner down by not extend the warranty on the motor for an additional year do to service bulletin # 2003-1-32 (oil pump adjustment). It is impossible for us to definitively know what (if any) premature damage was caused to our motors due to the calibration of the oil pump. This unknown is going to greatly depreciate the resale value on 03 Firecats. Why should we take the loss for Cat? Relying on Cat to do the right thing and ‘not to let is down’ is unacceptable. I want something a little more tangible. I am not getting greedy. All I want is for Cat to extend the warranty on our motors for an additionally year to put us all at ease considering the circumstances. This being said, I am very happy with my F7. I am not whining, I am not complaining and I am not bitching. I am simply stating what Cat needs to do to safeguard our purchase of the ’03 Firecats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
tshamba

I think you hit the nail on the head I'M vairy happy with my sled but resale might be a broblem with out extend the warranty on the motors or a trade in incentide??

·
Registered
676 Posts
Originally posted by tshamba@Feb 9 2003, 12:11 PM
What do you mean cat won’t let us down? Arctic Cat is letting every Firecat owner down by not extend the warranty on the motor for an additional year do to service bulletin # 2003-1-32 (oil pump adjustment). It is impossible for us to definitively know what (if any) premature damage was caused to our motors due to the calibration of the oil pump. This unknown is going to greatly depreciate the resale value on 03 Firecats. Why should we take the loss for Cat? Relying on Cat to do the right thing and ‘not to let is down’ is unacceptable. I want something a little more tangible. I am not getting greedy. All I want is for Cat to extend the warranty on our motors for an additionally year to put us all at ease considering the circumstances. This being said, I am very happy with my F7. I am not whining, I am not complaining and I am not bitching. I am simply stating what Cat needs to do to safeguard our purchase of the ’03 Firecats.
I agree, well said!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts