Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Talk about Bullshit! Dealers did not have to pay in full last spring. Wow are you gullible. I know because I am at my dealership a ton here in Minnesota and they don't pay until the sleds go in the hands of the buyers.
Gullible? I didnt just go to my dealer often. I WORKED there. Our GM told us straight up thats what went on. He's ex military and no bullcrap. He wouldn't say it just for fun. They have never done it that way before. They normally pay before the machine ships. They dont just give dealerships machines! The dealer buys them or finances them. They ship. They get a months or so to sell, if it doesnt sell then they start having to pay interest.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Does any know if they actually stopped selling in Canada?
Per the article "only the ZR 200 will be available for pre-order in this Arctic Summer event in Canada, where Arctic Cat is embroiled in a legal situation with Ski-Doo maker BRP."

Another nail in Cat's coffin. How will the Canadian Cat dealers even survive if they can only sell ZR200s?

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
Snowmageddon this year: customer paid the deposit with their credit card online when ordering sled online, or dealer paid deposit when customer ordered sled in person.
Sleds are on interest free floor plan until they are delivered to the customer (or a date that I can't remember right now, whichever is later)
Sleds are being built right now, for late summer delivery.

Arctic Summer sleds will be another production run, scheduled to be to dealers in December. All long track machines, not a single trail machine on the list (besides the Blast, and ZR200)
Presentation to dealers was heavy on the fact that they worked hard with suppliers to get the required parts together to build sleds. Some will be in such short supply that they are not on the consumer facing website.

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
Gullible? I didnt just go to my dealer often. I WORKED there. Our GM told us straight up thats what went on. He's ex military and no bullcrap. He wouldn't say it just for fun. They have never done it that way before. They normally pay before the machine ships. They dont just give dealerships machines! The dealer buys them or finances them. They ship. They get a months or so to sell, if it doesnt sell then they start having to pay interest.
Factory bills dealers floor plan account when unit ships. In past years floor plan was interest free from 6 months to a couple years, depending on dealer level, program participation, and god only knows what else.

With snowmageddon there is still an interest free period, but it is shorter because the unit is already sold. IIRC its the end of November, or 2 weeks after the unit arrives, whichever is later.

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
I think so also. They had to have all those Canadian ordered already in the pipe line now they need to sell them some how
The sale isn't for sleds they have extra of, its for sleds they can get more parts to build..
Dealers have been told these sleds are going to be delivered in December, not with the spring orders.
I call total bullshit on this statement from the Cat/Textron leadership but it's a valiant effort on spin anyway....

"However, the COVID-19 coronavirus and its resulting initial restrictions essentially shut down many dealerships during the last two or three weeks of the order period – and that’s the period during which many consumers make the final decision on their sled purchases. That created a need for this second sales program, dealers said they were told by Cat/Textron officials."

First and foremost, their 6 month plus snowmageddon program was designed around their specific knowledge of the sledding market, customer needs and wants so they gave them the industries earliest and LONGEST snow check program in the history of the sport. Apparently this industry leading half year of decision making period STILL comes down to the last two or three weeks.

What should be more than a bit disturbing for fans is that their most anticipated model for 2021, the Blast, is on that list of available sleds. What I also cannot imagine is that while millions are still out of work and unemployed NOW seems like the perfect time to re-open spring order and just in time for the announcement of the all new Cats for 2022.

I hope it works out and helps them keep the lights on but it's not a good thing for Cat.
The sale isn't for sleds they have extra of, its for sleds they can get more parts to build..
Dealers have been told these sleds are going to be delivered in December, not with the spring orders.

Things weren't going good at Evinrude. So instead of spending all their cash trying to hang on, they closed the division.
It's called smart business.
So you think its smart business to kill the Evinrude brand, during the biggest sales rush the boating industry has seen in 20 or 30 years 🤣🤣
one of BRP's biggest mistake was hiring Tracy Crocker to run Evinrude, and then the entire marine division, after he was fired from Arctic Cat for putting the offroad division in shambles.
The other was killing johnson, and ignoring the market trend towards 4 strokes.
Johnson had a strong following, and brand name. They had already transitioned the brand to mostly 4 strokes using re-badged Suzuki engines. All they had to do was continue, and work on a few of their own 4 stroke powerheads, to put on the existing mids and lowers. Easy to have a huge amount of parts commonalty, everythign but the long block, and intake manifold could be the same.

Almost the same mistake yamaha made misjudging the market, going all 4 stroke, and refusing to change.

Reactions: ziemann

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Country Cat has some 2021 for sale? Sleds people backed out on and they are losing value. 2-3 K worth. The same value as 2019's listed on there.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

So you think its smart business to kill the Evinrude brand, during the biggest sales rush the boating industry has seen in 20 or 30 years 🤣🤣
one of BRP's biggest mistake was hiring Tracy Crocker to run Evinrude, and then the entire marine division, after he was fired from Arctic Cat for putting the offroad division in shambles.
The other was killing johnson, and ignoring the market trend towards 4 strokes.
Johnson had a strong following, and brand name. They had already transitioned the brand to mostly 4 strokes using re-badged Suzuki engines. All they had to do was continue, and work on a few of their own 4 stroke powerheads, to put on the existing mids and lowers. Easy to have a huge amount of parts commonalty, everythign but the long block, and intake manifold could be the same.

Almost the same mistake yamaha made misjudging the market, going all 4 stroke, and refusing to change.
You know the boating community is gone all 4 stroke right?
Etec is two stroke.
Are you retarded?

It wasn't going good, shut it down.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
value as 2019's listed on there.
The current asking price for a 2021 at CC is the exact same as the spring order advertised price

Reactions: krom

·
Registered
8,354 Posts
I don't even know what you guys are talking about but I've never paid interest on something that is paid for.
But don't let this detail stop the awesome HCS brand bashing. High quality internetting.

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
You know the boating community is gone all 4 stroke right?
Etec is two stroke.
Are you retarded?

It wasn't going good, shut it down.
I'm not but you obviously are lol.
This is the biggest sales boom recreational boating has seen in 20-30 years, and you think they did the right thing by shutting it down right in the middle of it???
They had just released the new 3 cylinder 115,140,150 to rave reviews, and great sales numbers. Most fuel efficient engines on the water.
Hell, they make enough selling parts, oil etc to support the business and profit even if they merely broke even on new engine sales for now.
Killing the brand, not to mention the way it was done, has created so much negative publicity, and feelings toward the company, that BRP will have a hard time selling the boats they still produce, their ghost, or m projects.

At the same time Merc's new V6, and V8 are experiencing all kinds of problems and failures, Honda has a bad rap for major corrosion issues.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I'm not but you obviously are lol.
This is the biggest sales boom recreational boating has seen in 20-30 years, and you think they did the right thing by shutting it down right in the middle of it???
They had just released the new 3 cylinder 115,140,150 to rave reviews, and great sales numbers. Most fuel efficient engines on the water.
Hell, they make enough selling parts, oil etc to support the business and profit even if they merely broke even on new engine sales for now.
Killing the brand, not to mention the way it was done, has created so much negative publicity, and feelings toward the company, that BRP will have a hard time selling the boats they still produce, their ghost, or m projects.

At the same time Merc's new V6, and V8 are experiencing all kinds of problems and failures, Honda has a bad rap for major corrosion issues.
So a 6 month buying spree should keep them in business?
Yep

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
41 - 59 of 59 Posts