Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
How so?
It's just an extension of the spring order program.
Instead of doing it in the spring like Polaris did, AC is doing it now when people are going back to work and things are getting back to normal.
People that may have wanted to order a new sled last spring but didn't because they didn't know what the future held for them now have another chance
Snowmageddon was THE ONLY WAY to get a new cat. This isn't an extension.
They totally backtracked. I'm sure the numbers are down.

Think Doo and poo will have an extension?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I have no idea and don't really care but nice spin and deflection. Are you part of the team that crafted the statement of how two weeks of the covid killed cat's half year long snow check program?

Maybe for 2022 they announce and just leave it open for orders until the 2023's are unveiled. That should give everyone that wants one enough time to decide.
Not part of any team; just a guy that likes to ride snowmobile

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Snowmageddon was THE ONLY WAY to get a new cat. This isn't an extension.
They totally backtracked. I'm sure the numbers are down.

Think Doo and poo will have an extension?
Call it whatever you want.

I don't really follow the other brands.
Not sure what Ski-Doo did but I know Polaris has an extension; you guys kept reminding us.

I have a new sled ordered as does my dad and brother.
My nephew is taking over my brothers 2019 sled
It's gonna be a good winter
That's all I care about

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I call total bullshit on this statement from the Cat/Textron leadership but it's a valiant effort on spin anyway....

"However, the COVID-19 coronavirus and its resulting initial restrictions essentially shut down many dealerships during the last two or three weeks of the order period – and that’s the period during which many consumers make the final decision on their sled purchases. That created a need for this second sales program, dealers said they were told by Cat/Textron officials."

First and foremost, their 6 month plus snowmageddon program was designed around their specific knowledge of the sledding market, customer needs and wants so they gave them the industries earliest and LONGEST snow check program in the history of the sport. Apparently this industry leading half year of decision making period STILL comes down to the last two or three weeks.

What should be more than a bit disturbing for fans is that their most anticipated model for 2021, the Blast, is on that list of available sleds. What I also cannot imagine is that while millions are still out of work and unemployed NOW seems like the perfect time to re-open spring order and just in time for the announcement of the all new Cats for 2022.

I hope it works out and helps them keep the lights on but it's not a good thing for Cat.
I left the arctic cat/polaris dealership about a month and a half after covid hit. Arctic cat for the first time wanted their snowmagedon orders from the dealership paid in full UP FRONT. They never did that before. Do you know how hard that is to do for a dealership that just paid for all the summer vehicles? Very hard. We had to shell out over 100k to get them... After paying the bill for the summer vehicles to ship down to us. Because its normal to have to finally pay them to get them shipped to us. Makes sense. But paying before the machines are built... While the weeks prior to that arctic cat just up and shut down for covid. Not getting any parts we ordered to us because they shut down with no plan. It seemed they were just calling in the towel. My general manager trying to get an answer form them "are you guys shutting down or planning to stay open." They dodged that question HARD. in fact most the time there was no response. They finally had a big meeting with alot of dealers. Mine being one of them. They had just a bunch of margeting lingo and no answeres. It got to the point where one of the dealers said "so just tell me, are you guys staying in buisness or not?" The longest pause from cat and then they danced around the question. Answering with a question. That dealership said "so in other words your saying no" and hung up. A few others hung up on the meeting. So they didn't give any confidence in dealers at all. And they wanted to ask for up front payments... We gave them the up front payment. But I could see how others would just wouldn't be able to.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I left the arctic cat/polaris dealership about a month and a half after covid hit. Arctic cat for the first time wanted their snowmagedon orders from the dealership paid in full UP FRONT. They never did that before. Do you know how hard that is to do for a dealership that just paid for all the summer vehicles? Very hard. We had to shell out over 100k to get them... After paying the bill for the summer vehicles to ship down to us. Because its normal to have to finally pay them to get them shipped to us. Makes sense. But paying before the machines are built... While the weeks prior to that arctic cat just up and shut down for covid. Not getting any parts we ordered to us because they shut down with no plan. It seemed they were just calling in the towel. My general manager trying to get an answer form them "are you guys shutting down or planning to stay open." They dodged that question HARD. in fact most the time there was no response. They finally had a big meeting with alot of dealers. Mine being one of them. They had just a bunch of margeting lingo and no answeres. It got to the point where one of the dealers said "so just tell me, are you guys staying in buisness or not?" The longest pause from cat and then they danced around the question. Answering with a question. That dealership said "so in other words your saying no" and hung up. A few others hung up on the meeting. So they didn't give any confidence in dealers at all. And they wanted to ask for up front payments... We gave them the up front payment. But I could see how others would just wouldn't be able to.
Talk about Bullshit! Dealers did not have to pay in full last spring. Wow are you gullible. I know because I am at my dealership a ton here in Minnesota and they don't pay until the sleds go in the hands of the buyers.

·
Registered
20,017 Posts
My guess is all the sleds are built and they can’t get parts to build atvs right now and they want to keep the factory busy. So build more sleds it is. I know Polaris won’t even give a ship date on a dirt product right now due to production issues.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Talk about Bullshit! Dealers did not have to pay in full last spring. Wow are you gullible. I know because I am at my dealership a ton here in Minnesota and they don't pay until the sleds go in the hands of the buyers.
Actually that's wrong Jim, the way the floor planning works, there has to be a line of credit issued to the manufacture that is drawn against when the sleds are shipped, if you are on the manufacture provided floor plan, the finance company has to be paid within so many days to receive any incentives or when the finance company's rep makes his monthly rounds. If the dealer provides a personal line of credit, that will be drawn on as soon as the machine is shipped. Cat gets paid as soon as it leaves the plant, the dealer starts paying interest and insurance then to the finance company and the dealer owns them at that time.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
What happened to Badger?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
You're a piece of work!

No doubt you know more than the guy that works there.

Are you an engineer or tech this week?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Actually that's wrong Jim, the way the floor planning works, there has to be a line of credit issued to the manufacture that is drawn against when the sleds are shipped, if you are on the manufacture provided floor plan, the finance company has to be paid within so many days to receive any incentives or when the finance company's rep makes his monthly rounds. If the dealer provides a personal line of credit, that will be drawn on as soon as the machine is shipped. Cat gets paid as soon as it leaves the plant, the dealer starts paying interest and insurance then to the finance company and the dealer owns them at that time.

That is still quite a bit different than paying full 100% for unbuilt sleds now isn't it? That was my main point. Thanks for clearing it up though.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,024 Posts
Only these models are available for the 2nd round;
21 Blast, Riot, M 6000 Alpha One, M 8000 Hardcore Alpha One, Norseman X 8000 or ZR 200

·
Registered
941 Posts
My guess is all the sleds are built and they can’t get parts to build atvs right now and they want to keep the factory busy. So build more sleds it is. I know Polaris won’t even give a ship date on a dirt product right now due to production issues.
arcticinsider.com. They show what is on the line every Friday. This past week it was the 200's. Probably another week or two of that. Have not even started with the ZR lineup nor the Thundercats yet. Dirt line is trying to catch up to demand. What a terrible thing to have happening? I think it is great!

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,024 Posts
Snow assy line was down earlier this week due to no hoods for the 200's. Dirt lines are in full swing.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts