Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Here’s the new lower half of the base and crank for the new engine. Should hold together for while. Lol
DE10F5E7-ED38-43B4-997C-5BE3CCDB85C7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,137 Posts
Dam. It's like GM found a lot of Pontiac's in the back lot. Special don't miss out on your 2021 Pontiac limited time only....well maybe

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm guessing this had everything to do with it, trying to keep the production line full if they cant resolve this quickly.

Of the models listed, only the ZR 200 will be available for pre-order in this Arctic Summer event in Canada, where Arctic Cat is embroiled in a legal situation with Ski-Doo maker BRP.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm guessing this had everything to do with it, trying to keep the production line full if they cant resolve this quickly.

Of the models listed, only the ZR 200 will be available for pre-order in this Arctic Summer event in Canada, where Arctic Cat is embroiled in a legal situation with Ski-Doo maker BRP.
I think so also. They had to have all those Canadian ordered already in the pipe line now they need to sell them some how

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does any know if they actually stopped selling in Canada?

Id go stop in to the dealer but they have a YZ250x there and I might sign the dotted line to take it home...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Imo they wouldn't be doing this unless they're in trouble.

It's 100% going against their snowmageddon program.
How so?
It's just an extension of the spring order program.
Instead of doing it in the spring like Polaris did, AC is doing it now when people are going back to work and things are getting back to normal.
People that may have wanted to order a new sled last spring but didn't because they didn't know what the future held for them now have another chance

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I hear ya but we did have a world altering event since that was printed; things change.
This extension has been rumored since mid June

Reactions: krom and Fast 440

·
Premium Member
6,137 Posts
How so?
It's just an extension of the spring order program.
Instead of doing it in the spring like Polaris did, AC is doing it now when people are going back to work and things are getting back to normal.
People that may have wanted to order a new sled last spring but didn't because they didn't know what the future held for them now have another chance
Didn't Arctic Cat start selling their 2021 sleds last November/December?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I call total bullshit on this statement from the Cat/Textron leadership but it's a valiant effort on spin anyway....

"However, the COVID-19 coronavirus and its resulting initial restrictions essentially shut down many dealerships during the last two or three weeks of the order period – and that’s the period during which many consumers make the final decision on their sled purchases. That created a need for this second sales program, dealers said they were told by Cat/Textron officials."

First and foremost, their 6 month plus snowmageddon program was designed around their specific knowledge of the sledding market, customer needs and wants so they gave them the industries earliest and LONGEST snow check program in the history of the sport. Apparently this industry leading half year of decision making period STILL comes down to the last two or three weeks.

What should be more than a bit disturbing for fans is that their most anticipated model for 2021, the Blast, is on that list of available sleds. What I also cannot imagine is that while millions are still out of work and unemployed NOW seems like the perfect time to re-open spring order and just in time for the announcement of the all new Cats for 2022.

I hope it works out and helps them keep the lights on but it's not a good thing for Cat.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Didn't Arctic Cat start selling their 2021 sleds last November/December?
I don't recall what the original start date was but yes it was way before what we were used to.
Is it bad to try new things?

Reactions: Fast 440

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I will also add that my dealer took a ton of orders for Doo and Poo sleds this past spring and the virus had little to no effect.
Who knows but as of right now the lights are on at AC
How are things going for BRP's Evinrude brand

Reactions: Fast 440

·
Registered
914 Posts
Who knows but as of right now the lights are on at AC
How are things going for BRP's Evinrude brand
I have no idea and don't really care but nice spin and deflection. Are you part of the team that crafted the statement of how two weeks of the covid killed cat's half year long snow check program?

Maybe for 2022 they announce and just leave it open for orders until the 2023's are unveiled. That should give everyone that wants one enough time to decide.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts