Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, my F7 stalled, so I checked the pistons and found that the mag side piston looked pretty bad. I took it to the dealer three weekends ago...he looked at it and said that the piston would need to be replaced and the ECU would need to be sent back to AC. I figured I'd be without my sled for a week, maybe two. I called the dealer a week ago (two weeks after I dropped it off) and he said they were still waiting on the ECU to come back. I called again on Wedneday of this week, and was told that they were still waiting for the ECU, so they were going to call AC the following morning. I called back again Thurday afternoon, only to learn that AC told my dealer that they had lost the ECU from my sled, so now they would have to send a new one instead. The way it sounds, I won't be getting my sled until at least the middle of next week...nearly four weeks after I dropped it off.

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but needless to say, I'm not exactly happy about this. This winter was short enough the way it was, but mine has been cut even shorter because someone at Arctic Cat screwed up...got a whole 130 miles on my new sled this winter. I would like to voice my frustrations to someone at AC, but I've heard that's like talking to a brick wall. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yeah go to your dealer and if he has another F7 there then DEMAND he gives you that ECU if it will work or another sled to use. If he does nothing for you threaten to take him to and Cat to court that they are refunding you your money. They could have sent out one to your dealer while they were waiting for yours to arrive and you could have had it weeks ago. You have a bad Dealer by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Ask the dealer nicely if they have any F-7's not sold. If they do then ask them to take one out of the unsold ones until they get yours back. Going in all irrate and demanding will automatically put the dealer in defense mode. You will find that if you ask nicely you will get much better results than threats will lawsuits, plus you won't look like an total moronic idiot that has no self control.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If he had a good dealer then he'd be back on the trail. Obviously he has had to call over and over to get this far and still nothing. If the dealer was good then he wouldn't have had this problem to begin with. The delaer should have fixed this within a week. It has gone far past being nice. Hey Mikef7 how far is far enough before you stop being nice. Some dealers take advantage of this and put you aside. How would you feel after that long without a sled and your buddies are riding???? Your the Moronic idiot with too much self control.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I totally agree with f7team sno pro, It is obvious that mikef7 doesn't agree with anything I say as seen in other topics. :p

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Agreed. His dealer did not offer so that should have prompted the asking of the question and as you can see by his post he has never asked about taking one off of a in stock sled in the 3 weeks that he has been waiting.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Thank you for the compliment, you calling me moronic idiot is very thoughtful. I did not call anyone out in my post. Have you ever walked into any service department and seen a customer demanding, yelling and threatening with lawsuits, look pretty stupid to me anytime I see that. The nice approach I use has always worked, even got me a sled to use for a weekend when I had my old Prowler in for service this past year.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't intend/expect this thread to turn into any sort of argument, but thank you for everyone's opinions. I probably would've originally asked the dealer to try to swap an ECU with one he had on hand, if indeed he even had one on hand (small dealer), but I knew I was not going to be riding for a little over a week anyway, so it didn't seem like an urgent matter at the time. I figured I'd be waiting on a new piston, if anything. If I would've had any idea that I'd still be waiting for an ECU three weeks later, then yes, I probably would've demanded he do something about it. I agree that the dealership could've and should've handled this a lot better...it should not have taken repeated calls from me to get them off their asses and on the phone with AC...they should've been on the phone with AC after a week had passed. If AC "lost" my ECU, as my dealer has told me, then I think AC has some explaining to do to me as a customer, and should probably do something to make things right. When I pickup my sled, I'm going to try to get as many details from him (when the ECU was sent to AC, etc) as possible, and try to contact AC about the matter. I'm going to be nice/friendly about it at first, both with the dealer and with AC, but if that doesn't get me anywhere, then the gloves will probably come off. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts