Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my neighbor bought a cat 570 (think its a 2004) a few years ago, rode it 1 year and decided it wasn't for him. I don't know what kind of miles are on it (I'm remembering around 4500) . He put reverse on it and had all the shocks rebuilt. The 1 year he ran it, it ran great no issues. The hood has a small crack in it near where you use the rubber to keep it closed. I know there are a lot of variables, sled has been in a heated enclosed space. He starts it regularly. So I am wondering with the "used covid" pricing going on what would something like this be worth? Best pic I have, and still in same shape....
Snowmobile Snow Helmet Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
It could range from probably $2,200 up to $3,400 give or take $200. You also gotta add it has 45xx miles so sooner or later (within 600 miles) this and that is gonna break and depending on what it is it could cost a pretty penny. But If you're buying it from him I would hang out with him a little more and hopes he drops the price being a nice neighbor. That's just one guys thoughts on it though

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
514 Posts
That’s an air cooled sled (if memory serves). It’s way past needing the motor freshened. That said, air cooled makes it easier to rebuild.

·
Registered
801 Posts
It could range from probably $2,200 up to $3,400 give or take $200. You also gotta add it has 45xx miles so sooner or later (within 600 miles) this and that is gonna break and depending on what it is it could cost a pretty penny. But If you're buying it from him I would hang out with him a little more and hopes he drops the price being a nice neighbor. That's just one guys thoughts on it though
Thats a $1000-1500 sled all day long and not a dollar more..you’re on drugs if you think it’s worth over 2k. Mileage is nothing for that motor either..SMH 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats a $1000-1500 sled all day long and not a dollar more..you’re on drugs if you think it’s worth over 2k. Mileage is nothing for that motor either..SMH 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s more than 1500 it would be that on the low end

·
Registered
713 Posts
Local craigslist has that era sleds priced @ $2k+...One clown has( 2) 2003 Revs with 5k+ miles on both, and a 2003 2 place open trailer pkg deal $7500.00...lol...

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
KBB and NADA are not factoring the Covid driven powersports demand. Prices everywhere are stupid high.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
I get that. But the OP needs to realize that the sled is worth no more than 1500$ Including the inflation. Don’t get hosed on a purchase like that
You throw it for sale for 2999. If you get no calls, you re list for a lower number. What it is worth is what someone is willing to pay

·
Premium Member
20,643 Posts
What he said. Here in NY, at 2200 it would be Gone tomorrow. Two years ago….1200-1500, sure, but when it starts to snow in a few months….$2500….$3000…..I agree, it’s nuts, but it’s true

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This sled is not for me. I was thinking about buying it and turning it over, make a buck or 2. Thats why I'm curious about price and going value....

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
with snow on the ground you can sell that 2900 easy i think. Any sled that starts and moves is worth 1500 when there is snow lol especially covid market probably more like 2000. That looks like a decent sled 2900 imo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts