Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Cat dealer would you recommend in the Macomb County area? Or any private non-Cat shops?

A friend of mine has a jackshaft issue... It completely snapped while he was riding it this weekend! He just bought it earlier this month, the sled is immaculate but apparently it had some bearing issues. I was told this job is not really a job Joe Schmoe should attempt in his garage with only basic tools. Is that true?

I know of the Cat dealers in this area but never had to have mine serviced by any of them. Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Roseville Powrsports, Craig is the mechanic and one of the best around at any brand dealer. Stay the f away from Macomb. For Roseville, no appt is needed just drop it off.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Roseville Powrsports, Craig is the mechanic and one of the best around at any brand dealer. Stay the f away from Macomb. For Roseville, no appt is needed just drop it off.[/b]
X2 on Roseville powersports!

·
Registered
489 Posts
There's an add at the top of this page for straight up performance. He pays for an add at least. Paul is a great guy. I have only had once thing fixed there but the service was good. If you do use them please let us know how it goes. He's in my backyard, but since I switched to doo, I haven't needed anything fixed. :yelrotflmao:
:stirthepot:
:beer_cheers:
Trevor

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah my feeling on Macomb is the same as yours Mike... I figured Roseville would probably be the best place.

Everytime I've walked in to Macomb this season (2 or 3 times for minor parts) I felt like they decided they were done with anything related to snowmobiles and/or snowmobilers. The snowmobile clothing section was tucked way over in the corner & all last years stuff... Did they get out of the sled business??? This was in early to mid December.

BTW: I forgot to mention in my original post that my buddy's sled with the problem is a 2003 F7 sno-pro. FYI

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's an add at the top of this page for straight up performance. He pays for an add at least. Paul is a great guy. I have only had once thing fixed there but the service was good. If you do use them please let us know how it goes. He's in my backyard, but since I switched to doo, I haven't needed anything fixed. :yelrotflmao:
:stirthepot:
:beer_cheers:
Trevor[/b]
I'll have him give Straight Up a call also. Thanks

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Lumberjack shack in Lapeer County.

they are alright.
if your not an employee, lol.

the guy that fixes sleds up there is good too.
seasoned sled mechanic

·
Registered
522 Posts
Roseville Powrsports, Craig is the mechanic and one of the best around at any brand dealer. Stay the f away from Macomb. For Roseville, no appt is needed just drop it off.[/b]
I agree on Roseville Powersports. This is where I bought my sled from, and I have had it serviced there to. Top notch. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts

they are alright.

seasoned sled mechanic[/b]
i agree they have done good work on my sled but just a bit of a drive from Warren area though

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

they are alright.

seasoned sled mechanic[/b]
I met a guy that had a big Lumberjack shack sticker on his trailer this weekend.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard of the Lumberjack Shack... I used to work out in St. Clair & Richmond.

I appreciate all the input. Thanks guys.

It looks like my buddy is going to take it to Roseville (actually I'll be taking it since I work near & the sled is sitting on my trailer). I personally felt Roseville would prolly be the place since I've had good experineces the few times I've gone there for accessories.

·
Registered
669 Posts
X4

Craig or Dan's your man. Same guys that were wrenching on the sleds from back in the LaBarons (of Troy) days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts