Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas offered a extended warranty when i picked up my f7 snow pro, it would also cover sled rental
in case of warranty work, boy was i stupid not to buy that!!!!!!!!!!!!
arctic cat has a serious problem on their hands and so do we who bought 03 f7's
how are we ever going to sell these when it is time for a new sled?
everybody knows of the problems these sleds are having you have to be insane to by one out of warranty

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 8 2002, 02:16 PM
everybody knows of the problems these sleds are having you have to be insane to by one out of warranty
I disagree with that statment. The problems are unfortunate, but if a '03 F7 is going to have problems it likely already has had them or will well within the warrenty. I would not be concerned about buying a used F7 with miles on it next year...Marc

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 8 2002, 02:36 PM
red f7 for sale in april, now excepting offers
Hey, my favorite color. Great! If your prediction is correct and no else wants one, you should give me a sweetheart of a deal :p . My gut feel is that prying that F7 out of your hands after a winter of riding will be tough though...Marc

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also own a 02 440 snow pro, cat sent me updates through out the year, to make things better
hopefully the same will be done for the f7

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 8 2002, 02:16 PM
arctic cat has a serious problem on their hands and so do we who bought 03 f7's
how are we ever going to sell these when it is time for a new sled?
This is the most rediculous statement that I have ever heard. Have you ever bought anything new? Many new products have a few quirks that need to be worked out in the first year of production. Look at all the recalls that car manufacturers have, are you going to stop buying new cars also? Simple fact is that anything mechanical has quirks and given enough time will fail. That is life.

I plan to ride and enjoy my F7 this winter, put it on the market in the spring and buy another next year. I am sure that I will go through a new set of problems when AC changes the F7 for '04.

Not to slam you, but if you were so unhappy with the '02 SnoPro why did you buy another Cat?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey green team 7,
i have a bridge for sale are you interested?
hopefully there will be plenty of fools like you out there to buy my sled
if you new 2003 caddilacs caught on fire would you run right out and buy one with 36,002 miles on it? no warranty
i have rode cats for 18 yrs thats why i bought another one, and a 02 snow pro is a limited build for racers punched to the max, not a production sled that should be reliable to ride on the trails.
so guys like you think its ok that there is a very good posssiblitie that your new 8,000 sled will leave you stranded
lets all think like morons and then cat will not have to come up with a solution to these problems

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and for the record i am not unhappy with the 02 snow pro, the sled is awesome
i had the chance to get a 03 440 snow pro, but backed out because arctic cats
race tech said it absolutlety can not be trail ridden
although a trail kit may be avaible, in late jan(rear heat exchanger, new heads for pump gas)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow..don't want to get down in the trenches with you guys, but my f-7 ran great. my buddies are all envious. Seriously, if you want to get rid of yours this Spring, I have a handful of potential buyers to send you now. They are a little mechanic savvy and not scared of the minor problems so far. Give me your info.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honestly,
i will probaly keep it for my ditch rider,
and hopefully get a new f9? and bitch again next year

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
how could you have RODE18 YEARS WORTH OF cats when you do'nt sound old enough to legally ride snowmobiles yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
For the record, 95% of all problems should occur within the first 10,000 miles on a car. I am not a Caddy person, but if the price was right hell yes I would buy one that was out of warranty. Heck, for the savings that I would get on buying a used Caddy I would be willing to put a couple bucks back into it to fix it or make sure that it does not burn. I guess I tend to not think about the 'what if's' and will enjoy my F7 until it blows up and deal with it then. If I wanted something that was proven in the field I would have bought a ZR800 and settled with 5 year old technology.

How much do you want for that bridge?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts