Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice that there is an absence of the zr800 in the 2004 line up? I did and im sure others did as well, i am surprised that the smart ride is gone sionce that would have been a great addition to the new sabercat sleds but anyway on to what i was saying. With the absence of the zr8 from the 04 line up i would bet money on it that cat will have an f8 out in jaunary of next winter.

Why do i think this? In the 03 model line up the zr600 was gone because they had the f6 in developement and they didnt want it to take away sales from there f5 and f7 sleds and didnt want to release that much new stuff at once. Just like his winter they didnt want to release the f8 because it would steal away sales from the direct drive zr9 so they decicde to wait till january to release the f8. I predicted that the zr8 would be out of cats 04 line up weeks ago and i was right. Does anyone think there will be an early release f8? i would bet on it, the disapperance of the zr8 is just like the zr6 its to make way for the new updated model,w hat do you guys think?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If they've done away with the smart ride, then I have one of them that they made. I love it, because it doesn't kill me when I go over the bumps, but when I want to really ride, I take my husband's Firecat!!!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I agree! THey didn't want to put it out because it would beat the Zr900 for sure. and for that matter people who buy it instead of the zr900. But they need to make some money off it because of all the R&D that went into the Direct drive system. I say they f8 for sure....possibly direct drive in it as well?

2005 firecats will have it for sure!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, that would make sense since they are testing a 800 laydown motor in some snowcross sleds and there making some good power. Also, the ZR 9 was supposed to come with the same hood as the t660 and it didn't, and I know AC has another 900 motor (I think it's a 898) they are testing and were going to use that one this year, the only thing I can think of is if they have a new zr900 next year with the bigger motor and the new hood style.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ahhh.....but the real question will be is if they make an F9 ??

I would hate to see them drop a 900 class engine (862cc) and not see a replacment for it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
With Direct Drive and Turbo being Customer R and D'd this next season, I am thinking an F6 or F7 Turbo with Direct Drive for 2005.
Light weight and scary fast.

Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
you may not see an f8 or 9 for awhile, they had put an 8 cylinder on some snocross sleds and it made power in the 160's but suzuki will not build It. The bottom end will not hold up to it. In order to make a bigger bottom end they will HAVE to redesign the front of the sled to hold this bigger case. now some of you will say that you could cut this or add a brace here or something, but to keep that factory strength, fit, and finish they will HAVE to redesign it.
joe

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the bottom end will not hold up to it you make a new bottom end! and if need be, they will make the bulkhead area bigger for the new engine to fit in. Just like they filled the 600 class hole with the f6 they are gonna fill their 800 class hole with a late release f8 you will see.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No doubt a F8. Will probably have direct drive. That will be enough for me to buy another sled. I really like my F7 but dump some more weight and more power and I'm there. I'll probably keep my F7 for a backup.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I'm not so sure that we'll see an F8 because the F7 is faster than the ZR8 now. I bet they skip the F8 and go to the F9 in 2005. Just my thought. Who really knows.
I'm keeping my F7 for another year. Runs great after 900 miles!!!!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
thanks alot guys,, the dreams will be good tonite,,lol :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
80 Posts
What do the open class sleds have in them for motors? How much horsepower do they make? I have to believe they make more than the F-7 consumer sled. So it would seem to me that if they can put a more powerful motor in the racers, then could make a more powerful consumer sled. That might mean that would have to reinforce things or something......perhaps they do that on the Sno Pro race sleds. I think it do-able, but for this year it didnt fit in with there plans. I would expect to see the ZR 900 fall off the radar for '05. I think that an F8 direct drive '04 1/2 is coming, provided that the DD performs well and holds up in the ZR 9. Then I would expect this time next year the ZR 900 will not be on the list of new models, as was the case with the ZR 8 this year. Then it will be F9 as an '05 1/2 model. Purely speculation. But it seems to make some sense to me. I have my F-7 and ZR 600 EFI as backup sled. I am trying to decide if I should ditch the 600 for the ZR 900 EFI, or possibly another F-7, possibly carbed model so I can build it. Or maybe just wait till next winter and see what happens. The 600 is a nice sled, but it feels like childs play after riding the F-7....lol. I will have lots to think about regarding this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At the X-games this year in the Hillcross TJ Gulla(AC) was running a 700cc motor and Carl Kuster(2 or 3X? hillcross gold medalist) was running a 1000cc motor in the REV chassis. Gulla pulled him all the way up the hill to become the new champ. I know this doesn't have a lot to do with the post, but I think is says a lot about the potential of the 700 laydown motor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts