Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a cash reward is being offered for information leading to the identification of these snowmobilers. There is a man, woman, teenage boy and the other unknown. They were in the Porcupine Plain area on Sunday, Feb 21. Long story short they were photographed as well as videoed going across 3 different very well posted 1/4s of land. Eventually when one of the landowners caught up to them and asked for plate, names and to have a discussion with them, they fled. This was all on video as well. Any information is helpful and can be called to 306-278-7065. Go to Porcupine Trail Blasters on facebook to check out some of the discussion on this topic. Thank you for any cooperation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To be honest the bigger question is why is the land marked no tresspass looks like good snowmobiling land. Signs signs everywhere are signs screwing up the scenery ...... so on and so on.

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
To be honest the bigger question is why is the land marked no tresspass looks like good snowmobiling land. Signs signs everywhere are signs screwing up the scenery ...... so on and so on.
I honestly can't believe you even asked this question. The sign says why,,,,,private property:dunno:
Pretty simple. Just because you feel its good snowmobiling land doesn't give you the right to use it:c-n:

·
Registered
32 Posts
HSR seriously I was joking well kind of. But for you fuddy duddy's I was driving home today in a marked 90 zone and about 100 cars drove by me going well beyond that. I guess signs posted are not followed often by more then just sledders.

It's like leaving your keys on your hood and putting sign up that says don't steal my car. If the farmer really doesn't want anyone on their expensive 1/4 section of land and really is serious about spending money to find them, save the money and build a dam fence. Yeah it costs more then a paper sign but it would likely stop tresspassing then he or she could stop bitching. :bigfinger: on a snowmobile form. Go read the post on the facebook page it's clearly someone who just has an issue with Sexy Snowmobilers hahahahaha.

I'm in no way condoning the behavior but if I really want to keep people off my property I should take the proper measures and clearly as is proven all over every day that signs are not good enough. :bigfinger:

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
What the heck Dude???? Theres obviously a reason they posted the land. Maybe like the golf course up my way that has signs everywhere and sledders ignored them all. And to disrespect the Administrator like that is a perfect definition of keyboard commando.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Come on Packrule, be nice. My brother in law had two quarters of unharvested Flax completely wrecked by sledders over a winter and his land is marked "No Trespassing" ever 100 yards around the fence. There is no need to trespass on land marked as such.

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
HSR seriously I was joking well kind of. But for you fuddy duddy's I was driving home today in a marked 90 zone and about 100 cars drove by me going well beyond that. I guess signs posted are not followed often by more then just sledders.

It's like leaving your keys on your hood and putting sign up that says don't steal my car. If the farmer really doesn't want anyone on their expensive 1/4 section of land and really is serious about spending money to find them, save the money and build a dam fence. Yeah it costs more then a paper sign but it would likely stop tresspassing then he or she could stop bitching. :bigfinger: on a snowmobile form. Go read the post on the facebook page it's clearly someone who just has an issue with Sexy Snowmobilers hahahahaha.

I'm in no way condoning the behavior but if I really want to keep people off my property I should take the proper measures and clearly as is proven all over every day that signs are not good enough. :bigfinger:
Signs SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH, period. End of story. If people are too damn selfish to realize that, and trespass anyway .... they deserve to be penalized. Just because you think it looks like a good play area, and isn't fenced off, gives NOBODY the right to go there. I cannot believe you posted what you did ... that's asinine.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Pro X Switchback
391 Posts
I agree 100%, lots of landowners do not post their land and let sledders run amuck on their fields in the winter, but it is still 'trespassing". Bugs me to no end when there are signs adjacent to a groomed trail saying "crop out, please stay on trail" and there are dozens of tracks beside the trail in the crop. Then people wonder why the trail is closed or re-routed and it is because of a lack of respect. To those that who think it is OK to run across posted land then they should provide their home address so I can organize a trip with several friends to ride over your lawn and back yard whenever I want.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
I agree 100%, lots of landowners do not post their land and let sledders run amuck on their fields in the winter, but it is still 'trespassing". Bugs me to no end when there are signs adjacent to a groomed trail saying "crop out, please stay on trail" and there are dozens of tracks beside the trail in the crop. Then people wonder why the trail is closed or re-routed and it is because of a lack of respect. To those that who think it is OK to run across posted land then they should provide their home address so I can organize a trip with several friends to ride over your lawn and back yard whenever I want.
X2...
We have lost many 1/4's of land where the club can not make trails again because of sledders that spoil it for the rest of us...Maybe the farmer is just sick of picking up beer cans? Picked up a empty box of Bud Light on my own land last week..So the empties are some where along the trail..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Omg people need to lighten up seriously a cash reward for this crap. Whole thing was baited. Camera in front of the sign. For all we know they turned around only and left the land. Plus the facebook rant was like a 15 year old kid.I never said i condone the behavior but wow.

And whoever it was that said i disrespected admin go and re read their first response to me i was joking and they chose to take it serious.

Lighten up folks this world has bigger issues than this one. :dunno:

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
It was signed for a reason..Maybe he is growing pot on that land? Major $$$ invested..
Or he has had other issues with sledders..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get it I own my own property as well. Just the cash reward and the facebook thing is just a bit much. If you're willing to spend the money fence it off and then no more issue. Sucks but it's like allot of other things like this people break rules happens everyday.

I'm done with the issue just a bit to much. Good luck OG in getting those riders I wish you the best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts