Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up in North Bay on Wednesday and at the hotel I was staying at had a free snowmobile magazine. I picked one up for some late night reading. There is a section in this magazine that I though some would like to hear about.

POLICE CRACK DOWN ON LAW-BREAKING SNOWMOBLIERS

CARELESS DRIVING: $325.00 MININUM FINE:

Examples of actions that could result in a careless driving charge include: when a rider crests a hill at such a speed that the machine leaves the groomed trail surface. When a snowmobiler crosses the the centre line to cut through a corner, or when a snowmobiler rides on the wrong side of a trail.

FAIL TO STOP $110.00 MININUM FINE:

A snowmobiler approching any roadway must come to a complete stop prior to to entering or crossing the roadway, even if a stop sign is not posted. Drivers that are waved across the roadway by another snowmobiler without stopping are still guilty of this offence.

IMPROPER MUFFLERS $110.00 MINIMUM FINE:

Some owners modify their sleds with aftermarket exhaust systems that are generally noisier than the stock units they replace. These pipes and cans are unneccessarily offensive to many people.

I agree with most of these but maybe one (machine leaving the ground) this is just a heads up to those that ride in this area. They have already started with radars on the trail and I believe that is also $110.00 or you may even be summons to court. FYI

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
They don't have to threaten me with a fine to stop and look at roadways. My firecat is awesome but it is no match for a Chevy Pickup Truck. :huh:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The careless drivng goes a bit to far, they think its care less drivng if your skis come off the gound, give me a break.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gov't B.S as usaul for another money grab and it will only get worse... Prepare for emmission testing soon on 2strokes

Canada.... Live Free? Live BROKE!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:wacko: The man is trying to kill the last bit of fun a person can have. One rider got the fine for excessive noise in our group earlier this season. In another post I described how a rev rider in our group broke his back hitting a large dip in the trail at high speed, and yes his skis left the trail. That buttwipe whom I used to call my freind is now trying to sue the O.F.S.C. for his irresponsibility. Too bad everyone who I ride with is being truthfull with their statements, he doesn't stand a chance. This is part of the problem with the world today as I see it. No one takes responsibility for their own actions and we all pay the price. I still blast down the trail at speeds I care not to mention and when something bad happens whos fault will it be? Mine, but there is a time for this and we don't need laws to spell it out for us. God gave us brains , why can't we use them ?And just where is the centerline of the trail, did they start painting lines out there ? :wacko: Sorry about the ranting but this shit is really bothering me and if this B.S. keeps up snowmobiling in Ont. is going back to dark ages.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I live in the States, and I also am sick of Gov. BS and fines for everything.

Aren't we usually taught that the reward system is the best way to encourage good behavior?

I think the DNR should be staking out almost all of the trail stops, and everyone that properly stops should get $25 from the DNR. If you didn't drink anything, another $25. If you have stock pipes, another $25

Trust me, bad driving would cease to exist.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in Minnesota and put 6 miles on in this state riding to Wisc. didn't make it. Deputy Sherriff stopped the three of us and wrote all of us up for failure to come to a complete stop for a unplowed road . Told us he could give us mult. tickets so we shouldn't complain. We left ground or had air under sled going over a big bump, thats careless and we spun the track thats exapedtion driving. We shut up and volled never again. How long before the Left and the greenees outlaw being outside at all. Before anyone smarts off about not stopping for officer ,I want to warn you its a felony in Minnesota if you are caught. ( $85 for ticket ) we got.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:wacko: May be the O.P.P. ( Provincial police ) where I live should be charged with careless driving. They drove 2 borrowed snowmobiles into open water and sunk them on lake St. Clair recently. Made the National newspapers up here. Stopped us right before they went through. I mentioned to them the area they were about to go through wasn't safe. :eek:

·
Registered
481 Posts
i didnt buy a 140 hp sled to keep the skis on the ground!
Its not really very bad in the upper lower parts of MI. only thing is they made a big deal out of a new 55 mph speed limit this season. I agree with that, but theres a time and a place to go faster. Got pulled over on the first ride for that, didnt get a ticket, and at least the guy was nice enough to explain. Sorry about you guys who got ripped on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts