Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hade some problems last winter whith gasoline to the engine. It startet after the engine was renovated and i hade some biger main jetts. Yust stoped when a have hade full gas for a short time. Checked everything, renovated the fuel pump and exchangeed the filter. nothing wrong. Must be the gasoline because sparks was dry. Wonder about how greatly the needle Valve can feed gasoline to the float chamber?? My Needle Valve is 1.5 and a have 480 main jett. A am thinking of change to lager needle Valve or put one more fuel pump...Enyone how knows??

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by thunderjimmy@Sep 24 2005, 08:07 PM
Hade some problems last winter whith gasoline to the engine. It startet after the engine was renovated and i hade some biger main jetts.  Yust stoped when a have hade full gas for a short time. Checked everything, renovated the fuel pump and exchangeed the filter. nothing wrong. Must be the gasoline because sparks was dry.  Wonder about how greatly the needle Valve can feed gasoline to the float chamber??  My Needle Valve is 1.5 and a have 480 main jett. A am thinking of change to lager needle Valve or put one more fuel pump...Enyone how knows??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890650
[/quote]

Are you saying you are running out of gas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. its yust die after a wield of full trottle. Then if i choke it, it starts again moste of the time.. have everything cleaned in the carburator and checked everything from vent, in gas tank. filter in the tank to the carburator.?? asked some mecanics around and sad what i have done, they yust dont know ehiter? sorry for my bad english :)...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Check to make sure that the float bowl level is correct and that it is not binding or rubbing on the bowl which will cause it not to open the neddle all the way-thus not enough fuel entering the bowl, or I should say not entering quick enough.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well, all the fuel lines from the in tank filter to the fuel pump must be tight or they will suck air. I use tie-wraps for clamps outside the tank and small S/S wire inside the tank. The fuel line inside the tank that connects to the tank fitting are so loose that they sometimes fall off. When that happens you run out of gas at 3/4's full.

Auggie

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well, if you have your impulse line tight and your fuel pump is ok I can tell you that the stock fuel pump is more then adaquate to feed your engine. A frind of mine has a 2001 T-Cat that did the same thing last winter and I asked him what was the last thing that he did to the sled and he said that he had the airbox off to change jets. I told hime to remove the airbox and take a look around. Sure enough: pinched fuel line.

Auggie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Have individual air filter so its easy to check the hose and its not pinched. problem is, 2 piston and 2 cylinders must be replaced becuse overheated when the gas problem came. after 6-7 deaths the the engine blow. dont want to drive the renovate the engine before i am sure off whats wrong...dont want to renovate the engine again, :head_hurts:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts