Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after 500 miles on my f7 sno pro i have painfully come to the conclusion that the 4 inch factory carbides suck. my track is hooking up in corners even without studs and its pushing me straight off the apex of the turn. :eek:

any suggestions out there would help as i dont know what size carbides i should go to. thxs!

·
Registered
168 Posts
6" Bottomline would be a good bar. Check with Outdoor Shop.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I put on 6 in shaper bars and i'm going out on sunday
for a ride I will let you know sunday night how they
worked. F7 sno pro 136 studs.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Put 6" carbides on, wanted 8" at the snow show but they were sold out. Have 102 megabite stainless studs and changed the limiter strap to the middle hole, dialed the springs loose and the thing really carves the corners now, a hundred times better than stock setup. I really recommend doing some setup changes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
put on 8 inch woodys executive series carbides with 144 megabite carbide studs using the woodys pattern with 48 single and 48 double all angled backers on an f7 snopro with 1.375 inch track and this hooks really well and drives through the corners like its on rails.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i put 9" shapers on my F5 sno pro and i loved them i have just under 600 miles on them and i am just now geting a littel push. I riped about an 1.5 section out of one though however i broke off 7 studs and bent one all in the same spot so i think i must have hit somthing though u never felt it. oh well i had extra studs so i replaced them.

·
Registered
622 Posts
6 inch Bottomlines on C&A pro skis. AWESOME!!!!! about 400 miles on so far. Go with six inchers.

S

·
0 Posts
10" on mine with 96 stud boys, it turns on a dime you can even kick the ass out with little effort.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Swede,it's the runners under your ski's that allow you to turn on ice or hardpack.On the top of your skis are four bolts that hold the "carbides" to the bottom of the ski

·
Registered
622 Posts
Carbides is a term for the metal bars on the bottoms of the skis. They are referred to as carbides because there are sections of the material called carbide on the bottom. That is the part that looks kind of sharp (like a V) in the center of the bar on the bottom of the ski.

(Stupid Minnesotan! :p )

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Bottomline traction carbides are supposed to be the best out there, but no one carries them round here..... southern mich. You cant get enough carbide with the stock ski skis, so I went with the 10 inch. nothing worse than pushing thru that first unexpected icy corner.

·
Registered
831 Posts
10" carbides with 170 1.25 redtip studs. seems to be a good setup at least for the puny 550 miles i have on.Has anybody tried more than 170 studs? I've been thinking 204. Snowhunter

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well I did 84 miles in WNY and the 6 in shapper bars work
very well ! much better than the stock ones with 136 studs
on a f7 sno pro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts