Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have diamond plate transition plates on their snowmobile trailer? Do the carbides damage it?

Trying to decide if I keep them or remove.

Any pics to show use would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,312 Posts
Do you have one on your current trailer?
I just purchased Caliber edge glides 2.0 for the ramp gap. However, my gap is 11", and the edge glides are too short. The overall width is 9" on the glides, but the actual flap that bends is shorter.

I was looking at buying the diamond plate transition. Curious on how well they work. That was my preferred plan now. Looing for feedback also,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have one on your current trailer?
I just purchased Caliber edge glides 2.0 for the ramp gap. However, my gap is 11", and the edge glides are too short. The overall width is 9" on the glides, but the actual flap that bends is shorter.

I was looking at buying the diamond plate transition. Curious on how well they work. That was my preferred plan now. Looing for feedback also,
I have it on my current trailer but haven't loaded a sled yet. The trailer company said I can return it but I like the idea of having it for my ATV etc, just don't wait it getting carved up by the carbides. I also have low pro glides on the ramps and the plate gets stuck on the grips, so it is kind of annoying that you have to lift it up each time when closing.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,312 Posts
What's the width of the hinged flap?

I would try to keep the plate for atv purposes.
Could you rivet or bolt 2 small ski glides on it? It would take some weight off carbides.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts