Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 102 studs and am changing the carbides to 8" instead of 4" !!!! Has anyone out there tried this? I'm just wondering if 8" is too much for that amount of studs? Dealer told me that should work!!:wacko: :wacko: or :D :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good question..A guy at parts shop told me that 6" is plenty(i only have 96)he said 8" makes you have to work harder and after a couple hours of riding youll get the pumped up feeling in your arms..so im trying the 6" i hope theyll do..ill let you know :huh:

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have 96 woody megabites 1.450 in my sno pro with 6inch stud boy shaper bars. Isovibe installed. 6inches work well, but I am going to try the 8 inch next time...

·
Registered
161 Posts
8 inch doolies. Adjust the front shock springs, lighten up the front, much less steering work, very nimble turning.

·
Registered
831 Posts
204 studs , 10" carbides, when I turn I want results. Oh yeah I'm an old guy and it isn't too much work I don't think. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
std. F7, 136 1.25" studs, 8" carbides.......handles great....little bit on the loose side when you really start hammering, or when the snow is a little soft....going to try Rob's suspension set-up....just to see if that will improve on a sled whose handling I already like

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
153 1.15 megs, powder pros and 9 inch carbide. almost a little too agressive for me on the ice. Ill see how they work down the trail this weekend.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
On my F5 SP , I installed 102 1.50" Stud Boy's in the double digger pattern. I then gave my wife 9 inches :eek: :eek: I mean, I put 9 inch shaper bars on the stock skis. Turns about 80 % like I want it to but will move up the limiter strap to get more bite. Overall balance is pretty awesome! :D :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
F 5,1.375 studs, 6" carbides ,turns great. Junk the 4" or use them for spring poor condition riding. better yet,begining of season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts