Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EFI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
i have the first yr batteryless EFI... had the sled 6 yrs now,,, never a prob with the fuelie so far. starts 2nd or 3rd pull EVERY time even after the summer rest. just a trail rider, not a tuner so it gets my vote

·
Registered
92 Posts
On my third sled with efi and never had a problem. Will not go back to carbs unless they quit making befi. Nice not to have to feather the throttle to keep it running.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The reason I didnt buy a f-7 this year was only because they didnt offer it in carbs last year.Cat should have offered it with carbs and they would have sold more.For the performance minded riders efi dont cut it,you have to be able to adjust fuel delivery.For the riders who just want to get on and ride efi is the only way to go.Actually with all the problems Im reading about on here in reguards to the f sleds Im glad they didnt offer carbs.What cat did was force the performance rider to buy the most expensive sled in their line up and that didnt set well with me.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I like efi. I don't know much about mechanics , and don't have the need to modify, so in my case it fit fine. I do appreciate the fact that other people like to modify, so I feel that there should be a choice of the two so that every body can get what they prefer. Just my peronal opinion ;)
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want to get max HP ie. porting, polishing heads, tuned pipes etc... then carburated is the only way to go. This mostly fits for the lake racers or the rider who wants to sneak up on you with hiden horses.

If you want consistant perfromance with bulletproof accuracy in all conditions with out having to tune your fuel/air mixtures with changes in temps or altitude, then EFI is the way to go. (You still can do some things to boost HP with an EFI but your tweaking ability is much greater with Carbs.)

I prefere EFI. Most of my gear head buddies prefere Carbs- but those guys are not only changing jets, they are tweaking everything else as well!!

In short Diferent Strokes for Diff Folks!!!!

PS. I can win on the trails. I don't win on the lake but I am not embarased either.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
This year was my first year on an efi. I always swore by the carbs, but all that has changed. EFI all the way for me. But, like tywillie, I am not a racer, just a trail rider who loves the rush.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry boys but, for maximum performance the EFI is better! Mod for Mod you will not be able to make a carbed f-7 outrun an Efi. Ask Dan or Dale! Dont belive the crap that someone says they can make a carbed f-7 outrun an efi. Because if the the are they are doing more modifications etc.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by 785cat@Mar 10 2003, 08:30 AM
Sorry boys but, for maximum performance the EFI is better! Mod for Mod you will not be able to make a carbed f-7 outrun an Efi. Ask Dan or Dale! Dont belive the crap that someone says they can make a carbed f-7 outrun an efi. Because if the the are they are doing more modifications etc.
I agree. In the past I've been a carb fan due to the tunability factor. But I'm planning on upgrading my F7 to an F8 using D&D's pro 2 efi 800 kit and it's a TUNABLE EFI kit. That's right tunable, perhaps in the future AC will offer a tunable EFI. I've got a 01' sno pro with the TMX carbs, there is more out the whole throttle response with the EFI.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You know what the best thing is? A tuneable efi! remember before when you could just change chips in the efi when you added pipes or other mods? thats the way to go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts