Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always thought that EFI was faster than Carb but that carb could be modified easier and better so what is faster and easier to modify. is efi better for base horsepower?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd say EFI would have a better base horsepower, but carb you can modify easier. I have heard so much about collapsed valves on EFI so i think carb is more durable too. Just pull the carburetors out every 2 years and thourgly clean it, and rebuild it if u want. Hope I helped

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can do i have been able to rebuild a cat since i was 12 years old now i am 15 and do all my freinds maintenance and repairs.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Your sled will always run the same with efi. It will be the same whether its warm or cold where if you don't rejet with a carb it will run fat when its warm and lean when it's cold.

Dynotechjim has found through dyno runs that the F7 efi runs pretty fat once the power valves open. This makes me wonder if the carb will actually make MORE power if properly jetted. I guess we will see.

Cat S.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the carbed 500's of the last few years have closed the gap on the runs good all the time thing. The pipe temp sensor does a real good job even when you leave the stock jetting, which this year is good to way below 0. Our stock F5 has ran good with no jetting changes from 0-35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts