Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 f6 sp. 460 jets. when i carve deep powder, after some good turns the sled sputters and starts to die, i have to pull over and stay on the gas so it wont die. after a few moments its ok. after a long run and stop, it idles high for a few moments then idles down.one plug is very light brown (tan)- the other is light grey. any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
you're probably sucking snow into the air box then into the carbs and motor causing it to lean out. I had to put some foam in the intake on my hood to stop the snow from getting sucked in, in deep powder.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
The snyou're probably sucking snow into the air box then into the carbs and motor causing it to lean out.]snows only getting sucked into one cylinder?[/size] Look for a air leak on the side that is lean. Cracked intake boot...Y-pipe leaking.Gray is not good!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Since it does it after craving I would check my float and needle/seat in the cylinder with the gray plug. You are going lean and since it does it after laying it on its side the fuel is not getting picked up in the bowl. It recovers because the fuel refills the bowl while you are level and stopped

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have an 04 f6 sp. 460 jets. when i carve deep powder, after some good turns the sled sputters and starts to die, i have to pull over and stay on the gas so it wont die. after a few moments its ok. after a long run and stop, it idles high for a few moments then idles down.one plug is very light brown (tan)- the other is light grey. any help is appreciated. thanks.[/b]
wich cylinder it is ??? if mag check the pump gas vaccum hose if not broke

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
definitely check vaccum pulse line to fuel pump i was putting carbs back to winter setting after grass season and just happened to bump line while checking wires and hoses for wear and it just about fell off nipple on crankcase. otherwise check for intake leaks or possibly water or ice in carbs(water moving around in carb near jets aint good)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies, i will be checking for hose breaks and air leaks this weekend.

what should the float measurement be so i can check that too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts