Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take out the clutch puller, fill hole 1/2 full of grease, try again. Gives a hydraulic effect, tighten puller tight with wrench. If it still doesn't come,give end of puller a rap with a hammer, not too hard. Can damage crank bearings. Really shouldn't use an impact gun either for same reason.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Take out the clutch puller, fill hole 1/2 full of grease, try again. Gives a hydraulic effect, tighten puller tight with wrench. If it still doesn't come,give end of puller a rap with a hammer, not too hard. Can damage crank bearings. Really shouldn't use an impact gun either for same reason.[/b]
This is how I do it. Works like a charm. I only use 2-3 pumps from the grease gun though.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
If you still have some problems , do the grease thing, tighten the puller and just leave it overnight SOMETIMES you come out the next day and it's off.[/b]
I'll second that one. Keep checking on it, keep tightening it little by little if you have to, and leave it. I had one pop all by itself after about 2 hours. Just pack an old towel or something in there to help the crash landing.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Take out the clutch puller, fill hole 1/2 full of grease, try again. Gives a hydraulic effect, tighten puller tight with wrench. If it still doesn't come,give end of puller a rap with a hammer, not too hard. Can damage crank bearings. Really shouldn't use an impact gun either for same reason.[/b]
:div20: :div20:

·
Registered
425 Posts
tighten up the puller as tite as you can get it i use and air impact and have never wrecked a set of crank bearings, after you get it wicked tite pour boiling water over the shaft it will expand and come rite off

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had a primary clutch stuck on a sled of mine once. Commet 102c. And we tried getting it off for hours. Yelling at it hitting it throiwing oil at it, even thought we were useing the right clutch puller. turns out it was the wrong one, the right one was barely diffrent but I took it down to a local shop and they got it off in about 5 seconds.

Some of them are almost imposable to get off without the right puller.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,822 Posts
tighten up the puller as tite as you can get it i use and air impact and have never wrecked a set of crank bearings, after you get it wicked tite pour boiling water over the shaft it will expand and come rite off[/b]
I like this idea, but is 212 degrees hot eneough to expand the metal?.

:beerchug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts