Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Ban wood stoves in VT ? Lol.
Those are synomonous (sp?) with each other.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Has to be an April fools type joke or just a person spouting off. Without wood stoves, that stat wouldn’t exist. Lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Makes sense to me.
No more log cutting in Vermont.
No chain saws
No paper mills
No flannel shirts
Just tree hugging liberals saving the planet
We should all just buy those fat tire bicycles

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
If it becomes "legit" everyone in the state needs to make it not "legit". Do what minnesota did when the state made car inspections a thing. Dont do it. Keep on with your normal life as you did before. So many people didn't take it serious minnesota just said, fine. And whisped emission testing out the door. Clearly it wasnt going to work because the people won't be having it.

Its disgusting that they even started it. And pleasure boating? Does that mean no boats for recreation use? Thats a massive industry. I cant see them letting that happen. There goes the economy and the residences from that state if they have the audacity to try and reinforce that...

Those tree huggers dont get that all of those things have to meet epa standards. The mass amount of lawn mowers puts out more emissions than vehicles for recreation. And I bet they all live in apartments and will say "well I dont own a lawn mower" not thinking about how someone now's their lawn. Like the same people who had signs that said "I dont need oil I ride the bus" god so many stupid people out there. So stupid they dont know they are stupid.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If it becomes "legit" everyone in the state needs to make it not "legit". Do what minnesota did when the state made car inspections a thing. Dont do it. Keep on with your normal life as you did before. So many people didn't take it serious minnesota just said, fine. And whisped emission testing out the door. Clearly it wasnt going to work because the people won't be having it.

Its disgusting that they even started it. And pleasure boating? Does that mean no boats for recreation use? Thats a massive industry. I cant see them letting that happen. There goes the economy and the residences from that state if they have the audacity to try and reinforce that...

Those tree huggers dont get that all of those things have to meet epa standards. The mass amount of lawn mowers puts out more emissions than vehicles for recreation. And I bet they all live in apartments and will say "well I dont own a lawn mower" not thinking about how someone now's their lawn. Like the same people who had signs that said "I dont need oil I ride the bus" god so many stupid people out there. So stupid they dont know they are stupid.
Your last sentence sums it up!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Maybe we could all get wind powered fat tire bikes!
I'll get to work on designing that right away.
On a sad note, I sold the 1996 XLT on Sunday. Hated to see it go, but never rode it anymore. Loved the pure TORQUE!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think legislation is pushing this bill through mainly to make it look like they are doing something...

The wording is very generic, as typical. It is troublesome to me because I know in a few years it will be taken out of context. It doesn't give much more power to the gov't than they already have (way too much to begin with). The specific examples given in the document OP posted are on the extreme side, but eventually legislation could look toward them due to the generic wording of the actual document. I'm not worried about losing snowmobiling anytime soon. I can however see them start swindling us with more "fees" - how this helps emissions god only knows.

If this bill does start imposing on our sport, I hope we all and VAST stand against it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think legislation is pushing this bill through mainly to make it look like they are doing something...

The wording is very generic, as typical. It is troublesome to me because I know in a few years it will be taken out of context. It doesn't give much more power to the gov't than they already have (way too much to begin with). The specific examples given in the document OP posted are on the extreme side, but eventually legislation could look toward them due to the generic wording of the actual document. I'm not worried about losing snowmobiling anytime soon. I can however see them start swindling us with more "fees" - how this helps emissions god only knows.

If this bill does start imposing on our sport, I hope we all and VAST stand against it.
More ‘fees’ is exactly how they will attack us, to discourage, and price out the guys on the edge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts