Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting one of those ultra-Q cans but know my luck I'll get a ticket!! Has anyone got a ticket and how much was it?When you got a ticket did you take it off or did you just leave and take your chances ?

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I was thinking about getting one of those ultra-Q cans but know my luck I'll get a ticket!! Has anyone got a ticket and how much was it?When you got a ticket did you take it off or did you just leave and take your chances ?[/b]
i have one on mine and i have had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
New York state fine is $100.00 bucks for any modified exhaust,if it dos'nt have the factory stamp on it,they will fine you,trust me and I'm not meaning one time in one weekend,I got busted 2 times in one weekend trip. :banghead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lol. Where i sled they don't fine you for avin loud exhausts. I think the only time i've ever herd of fining sombdy was Around town here when some idiot was riping around for and hour at three in the moring in the city. Ur not supposed to sled in twn i guess.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
isnt there a federal law against that, because it causes a monopoly of the exhaust biz because only the oems can have an exhaust on a sled....if i were you guys i would look into that because if so i would fight the tickets that your getting

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
isnt there a federal law against that, because it causes a monopoly of the exhaust biz because only the oems can have an exhaust on a sled....if i were you guys i would look into that because if so i would fight the tickets that your getting[/b]
:nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
isnt there a federal law against that, because it causes a monopoly of the exhaust biz because only the oems can have an exhaust on a sled....if i were you guys i would look into that because if so i would fight the tickets that your getting[/b]

Yeah.....that sounds like a good argument to me. :smilielol: :smilielol: NOT!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Loud pipes save lives...but can also get u tickets.
Over here law is same as any motorized vehicul...After 11pm it would be considered disturbing the peace. During the day no-one should have any problems with exhausts.
There's also the PIG and the regular cop...if you start cutting traffic, running in the streets, or ripping it @ 3am your sure to get a ticket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not aware of any fines for having silencers here but they do enforce a 11:00pm noise by law. I was told by the local By-Law Officers in Nunavut it is illegal to modify any part of your snowmobile. Crazy!! So far so go not tickets to speak of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.