Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 1995 XCR 600 and today he asked me if he could put a single pipe on it and i am like i dunno i said only tripple pipes but i said i dont think they make a single pipe am i right?
Thanks steve

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I always thought that the reason the xcr was the xcr because of the pipe. The xlts came with a single pipe and the xcr (same engine as the xlt) came with triples other than that they were mostly the same. You are wrong my friend. My sisters 1998 xlt touring had a single pipe on it til she bought a set of psi tripples woke the sled right up and now she can keep up without a problem. The sled is such a sleeper.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
95 xcr 600s came with a single pipe. i had one and tripples really wake it up. the difference between the xcr 600 motor and the xlt 600 motor is the size of the carbsand maybe slightle different porting. 38mm carbs on xcr 34 mm on xlt. and i dont think anyone made singles for those sled. +20 hp gain with tripples

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
only 600 pols that came stock with tripples were 96,97,98 xcr 600 sps in the aggressive chassis

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,257 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 2 2005, 07:23 PM
I always thought that the reason the xcr  was the xcr because of the pipe. The xlts came with a single pipe and the xcr (same engine as the xlt) came with triples other than that they were mostly the same. You are wrong my friend. My sisters 1998 xlt touring had a single pipe on it til she bought a set of psi tripples woke the sled right up and now she can keep up without a problem. The sled is such a sleeper.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904477
[/quote]

You are wrong. The 95 XCR600 had a single pipe. In 96 the XCR600sp came out and it had triple pipes.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Had one of those only one pipe, then with the swipe of credit card I had 3

·
Registered
46,311 Posts
I owned a 95 600 XCR also....single tuned 3 into 1 pipe....what a garbage the motor was....the crank went bad before it had a hundred miles on it. Many guys tripple piped those sleds and then had instant crank failures also. Most I can remember on that sled was how low you felt when seated on it....almost like being seated on the snows surface...not like todays sleds.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
had pipes on my xlt 2100 mi no probs 95 xcr piped noprobs. brother has a 94 xlt piped since day one 6000 and some odd miles motor never apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts