Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wtf: is going on here?! Have a look at the jet stream. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, isn't that a kick in the balls!! Northern Mexico is on the North side of the jet stream where as we up here in Southern Ontario are on the South side of it?? :wtf:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Droopy ta ta's! :smilielol: :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like another week and a half of this SHIT weather and then we are supposed to be into a 'new' pattern. Yea, we will see. :drunk:

Christ this is depressing - end of Jan for the lakes to be safe. :dunno: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say it again, this will be THE WORST winter BY FAR since I have been sledding (and that is a long time). :banghead:

After anaylsis of the weather forecasts from the last week and a half, believe it or not but Environmant Canada's predictions totally SUCK ASS!! I think they are even worse than TWN. We are doomed! :drunk:

Yesterday they (EC) were calling for -2* and snow for Bangcroch on Monday, now they are calling for +7* and rain! :drunk: At least TWN had the +4/5 temp prediction 4 days ago. :frech32:

Their (TWN) long term completely sucks ass however. If they were forcasting +4* 10 days out, it wound up being -5* and vice versa. -7* ended up being +5* in 10 days. So this cool down they are calling for mid next week likely will not happen.

Winter 2006/2007 - THE WINTER THAT WASN'T!! :flush:

:mother_nature: BITCH!!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we had got a foot of snow they were not predicting then I would be excited. 1 cm of snow is shit and it's already melted by now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Truth is - even if the temp does drop by mid Jan to a point where all the water in the bush can either dry up or freeze and then have the lakes start to freeze it'll be 2 or 3 weeks after that before any trails will be opened - there will always be the rail trails I guess.

My hope for this winter has now been reduced to getting involved in a 4 or 5 day trip in late Feb and try to get 1000 or 1500k in that.

We have no control of this El Nino thing that has warmed the Pacific thus affecting the Jet Streams, I just wish there was a way to know if it's going to happen again - I have yet to watch a weather report where they explain WHY this is happening and if this should be expected to become the new normal. I remember mabey 5-8 years ago my Dad not going Ice Fishing on Lk. Simcoe because it was so late in the year before it froze - and it was also an El Nino winter - so can we expect these every 8 years now - every 5...3...?????

If nothing else I just wish someone could provide some viable info on what is going on - or mabey trying to get a job in the Albert Oil fields is not such a bad idea - they have lots of snow!!

As long as I can know why then I won't be as frustrated waiting and watching to see if the 14 day outlook ever even comes close.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's my point. There is no way that anything will even be ready until the end of Jan if we get this supossed cool down next week. And who knows how long that will last. :dunno: 3-4 days and then back up to +7*??

And then there is the point of getting snow! It seems to either be cold and no real snow or warm and LOTS of rain. :banghead:

So we possibly get Feb (maybe) and then once March hits there is no guarantee. It could go till the end of the month but it could be done by the 2nd. The way this winter has gone I would not bet on any riding past about March 6th. :flush:

This is what frustrates me too - no one has an answer. Last year they were predicting cold and lots of snow! What the hell happened to that?? Turned out to be another dud of a season. This one however is taking the cake! :frech32:

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
North Bay's 14 day is looking good.

So is Bracebridge's.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Ya, this is just unbelievable. Southern Ontario is screwed for a month anyways. I talked to a few local club members who have trail on their property. There has been so much rain this past month that the bushes and swamps are flooded. Not only do we need snow but we'd have to have a huge deep freeze before they'd send out a groomer. :banghead:

Hope the North gets snow soon. :fluffy:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
North Bay's 14 day is looking good.

So is Bracebridge's.[/b]
I've been trying to be optimistic, yesterday it said snow and cold temps for Muskoka, but they now changed haliburton and muskoka's 5 day to all plus temps and rain.... in 24hrs it all changed...

there won't be any real snowmobiling in muskoka until february if next week turns out how its looking. The frost that was developing will thaw with the rain and high temps and the lakes that are starting to freeze again will thaw out too.

at best this will be the shortest winter ever in the region, if not all of north eastern NA.

fucking brutal... at least I'm not spending $$$ except my permit...

At this rate I'm going to have to drain the fucking gas out of my sled.. brutal

at least the sled clubs will have $$$ for next year so no excuses for lack of funding

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to my world! LOL! :drunk: :banghead:

As a small token I really think they should reduce the permit price a little next year. $160. You can't tell me that they are not saving a ton of money right now not having the groomers out, paying for repairs, gas, etc!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts