Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Riding the fence between a F5 Snow pro or a F7. I ride mostly wooded hilly trails in So VT. If I can do 60 in the back country thats very fast. I just wanted to know Honestly NO BS can the f5 do 100MPH with a 200lb guy on it. Or do I have to start tweeking the motor?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My stock 01 snopro with about 98 hp weighing 460 would do 100 on fire road with no head wind, not going up hill. It was a rarity. On hardpack trails, 92-96 was more common top speed. I would rate the f5 as being maybe a couple mph faster, but I wouldn't bet you'd see 100 on regular trails very often.

Plenty of engine for twisties. I got an f7 because of all the lakes we ride on in the midwest, and the long, straight trails that exist in the UP and northwoods of wi.

good luck!
-kj

S

·
0 Posts
I have a F5 Snopro, I'm 155 lbs and I think you'l have to spend about $1000 on aftermarket parts to make it do that. With my wieght it takes a while to get to that speed. and in good conditions at that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You must have a sick F5. My F5 Snopro was doing 95 in very little time. I was still climbing when I had to let up. I am 6'1" ans weigh 200 lbs. Also there was an 02' MXZ 600 and an '01 600 XC behind be the whole time! :D

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the fastest ive had my f-5 snoppro is 95 and i weigh 240 im pretty sure in the right conditions the 5 will do it with tweaking whats under the hod , but no aftermarket stuff, what cat us under the hood will be fine, but i think the century mark will be about it .

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am 190lbs and haven't had a chance to run my F5 on any lakes yet. But it will easily out accelerate my 2001 zr600efi. In all cases I have been able to outrun the 600 up to 90 mph before having to back off. 100mph on a lake is very possible, but this little sled will run with most anything stock up 80 in the trail. I also have 2002 mxz 700 and while that is much faster, the firecat is much quicker in the trails.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my 00 Zl 500 would top 100 easy and it has a few less hp to so i don't see why my F5 is any different

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
100mph with a 200lbs rider is irrelevant in Vermont unless you're crossing Island Pond, drag racing on the circuit, or have a death wish. You need intense low end from start to pull out of the curves and midrange to cross fields. If you're planning trips to Canada you will need top end.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What kind of conditions are you talking about? Are you talking radar or speedo (the new speedos are very close, the old ones are not)? On ideal hardpack you should make it, on everyday trails - not very often. Most people don't take into account their setup when flingin' out their mph speeds. How far were limiters down, how far was front shock screwed down, etc. All these factors can make several mph difference not to mention snow conditions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
100 mph?

Prehaps in very good conditions, today 120 km/h (you can divide by 1.6 to get mph) quiet easily, but then no so much higher comparing to get 120 kmh.

I think that about 140 kmh maximum, which snopro 35 mm track, it just eats higher speed, but accelaters great as well decelerates.

Nice sled. :wub:

x-mas and fcats to all...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Either everyone is full of crap or all these sleds have inconsistencies out the wahooo. My F7 pro rarely gets up to 105 in perfect conditions, broke in proper, maintained and serviced, compter and all said she was good to go.... im guessing you guys are seeing these number because of track spin or something....i have tried all tweaks on this site and have rode with 10 other f7s as well.....

i say BS

·
Registered
412 Posts
I ran 107mph on radar gun on last years 440 sno pro trying to qualify for Soo I-500.Just missed getting in with bone stock motor and gearing, sled was just lowered to the ground for oval racing. Blew lots of minds. Track is one mile oval with about 3/8 mile straights. averaged almost 88 mph for 2 laps. Am running F5 sno pro this year be cause of all changes to 440. Am expecting at least 110 this year. Need all the help we can get running against 600's. Running .720 Camoplast race track with 306 studs. Using C&A Pro mini skis.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Dont f5s waste f7s!!!!!because the f7s are always broke-he he-cmon guys just a little christmas humour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my zr500s creeped to the 100 mile barrier-my 01 is the fastest,only had past 100 a few times-cats speedo was off about 5-7 mph

F5 they say the speedo is right on-so 95-100 is probably right on!!!!!!!!!!
F5 standard will also be faster on top end because you will lose top end with the sno pro track
My 01 zr500 was 5mph faster then my 02 500 cross country track-

There enough said,shove that in your christmas stocking-baa humbug!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED SNOW HERE IN WISCONSIN

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had my bone stock, save studs, on the lake on Saturday, checked speed with GPS, topped at 105 with no help. Had it up to 108 while drafting my '01 600xcsp. Speedo is fairly accurate, reading 111 when GPS read 108, speedo read 107 when GPS said 105. HP to weight, it's easily a 100+ machine. I weigh in at 165.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts