Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here getting hit this year? Had two break ins this summer alone. How ironic that a new atv trail goes by the camp and now we have trouble.. :banghead: 1 break in the previous twenty years. This is in the Columbia area. We Know it's four wheelers because of the tracks If this keeps up we are going to speak to the land owners adjacent and ask them to consider closing the trail. Hate to come to that extreme, but this is getting ridiculous. Going to put a better gate up asap and a survveilance system. :div20: If I catch the individuals doing this, they better pray tath the cops come quick when I call them. I mean our family is really upset to the point where if they are cauaght in the act we will probably shoot them!!! :dunno: Nothing lower than a fucking thieving dirtbag in this world. :boxing:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
my parents have the same problem at their camp in maine the road is barely an trail and isnt to high traffic so sometimes privacy doesnt pay off

·
Registered
894 Posts
that f'ing sucks....not much lower than thieves...hope ya catch them and if ya do string 'em up in front of the survalience camera for us folks to enjoy on our 'puters

p.s on a serios note read last week about a rash in last few years of arsons at some very old 'great camp' up in the adirondack area-old forge...hope they catch that sick f'er/f'ers and string them up.geuss its been happening too one specific land owner-some club ? very sad cause if they dont put them out in time the whole darn place could go up.....the world is going to ruckus.... :flush:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I've noticed the ATV community has quite a few bad cookies. Tearing down gates and breaking into camps, ruining property ect. And they wonder why they lose trails and have a hard time keeping them open. It's a shame. I hope you catch them. Teach them a good lesson too. That's the problem with the world today. People have no respect for anything ecspecially if it isn't their. It's a damn shame.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sucks because you call the cops and they are over an hour away!!! Troops need to respond. Gonna get video surveilance put in. Yes, your right. I would definately press chareges. Sooner or later someone will f- up!!!!!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Nothing worse then a lowlife theif, yrs back I had a camp on piper hill, lost a ladder , a chain saw and a pellet gun. SOmetimes ya better off not locking it up, then ya lose the stuff but at least ya dont have torepair doors , windows when ya go up to play and relax

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They kicked in the door this time...Last time the broke a window and slashed the screens!! Fucking punks. If I catch them they are going to get the beating of a lifetime!! I am fucking serious!! The more I think about the more mad I get. I might put a bear trap down so when you walk i.....Snap!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'd DEFINATLEY hide a bear trap somewhere, then when the unfortunate guy that steps on it you can bet his buddy's going to :augen41: and run out of there for dear life. :smilielol: I feel for you man and I hope you can catch those scumbags so you can sit them down and talk a little sense into them while the cops are on the way. :div20:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Is this a club trail? if so have you spoken with the club. They've worked hard to get the trails they have and I'm sure they would do what ever they can to help you catch these assholes.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Originally posted by KappDye02@Oct 18 2005, 09:21 PM
I've noticed the ATV community has quite a few bad cookies. Tearing down gates and breaking into camps, ruining property ect. And they wonder why they lose trails and have a hard time keeping them open. It's a shame. I hope you catch them. Teach them a good lesson too. That's the problem with the world today. People have no respect for anything ecspecially if it isn't their. It's a damn shame.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939063
[/quote]
These were not ATVers! These guys were criminals that just happened to use ATVs to commit a crime!

There are criminals that use snowmobiles to break in and vandalize camps every season. Should we brand all snowmobilers as criminals?

The bigest problem we have up here in the Pittsburg area are criminals that take their off road vehicles, pull down gates and tear up trails and roads. It especially happens around this time of year. Should hunters be accused of being responsible?

One answer is better enforcement of exsisting laws. There are only 35 F&G officers to cover the whole state of NH. The chances of catching these guys in the act is pretty small. The whole OHRV community (snowmobilers, ATVers, Off-Roaders and yes, even hunters) needs to band together and demand better enforcement but don't hold your breath; it will take a long time and a lot of pressure to make it happen.

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by OldViperRider@Oct 19 2005, 07:09 AM
These were not ATVers!  These guys were criminals that just happened to use ATVs to commit a crime!

There are criminals that use snowmobiles to break in and vandalize camps every season.  Should we brand all snowmobilers as criminals?

The bigest problem we have up here in the Pittsburg area are criminals that take their off road vehicles, pull down gates and tear up trails and roads.  It especially happens around this time of year.  Should hunters be accused of being responsible?

One answer is better enforcement of exsisting laws.  There are only 35 F&G officers to cover the whole state of NH.  The chances of catching these guys in the act is pretty small.  The whole OHRV community (snowmobilers, ATVers, Off-Roaders and yes, even hunters) needs to band together and demand better enforcement but don't hold your breath; it will take a long time and a lot of pressure to make it happen.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939773
[/quote]not gonna happen , email from fish and game last week said fish and game will be broke buy 2007

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree these are thieves driving atvs. Let's not brand all atv riders as thieves. I also agree that it is the lowest of the low who breaks into someones camp. Put up no trespassing signs and then set something up really nasty. That way if soemone gets hurt they were forwarned.

LBD

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Oct 19 2005, 07:27 AM
not gonna happen , email from fish and game last week said fish and game will be broke buy 2007
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939798
[/quote]
That is exactly my point. The OHRV community needs to demand better funding for enforcement! After all we are paying for it. If fees need to be higher to accomplish better enforcement, then we need to step up to the plate and fix the problem. Also, club sponsored volunteer Trail Patrols can be a big help in this area.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the Bear trap idea. If you are really interested in surveillance, do you have a WWW connection? If not, then you need to go with an analog camera($50-75) and a VCR or possible DVR(digital video recorder $250). Run the coax into your recording device and try to make sure it is hidden. The problem with this set up is the thieve if they have time will try to find the recording device and damage it so you loose your evidence. I sell Network(IP) cameras but you need to have a Network to support my cameras and they are more expensive but much better resolution/quality. You can see them on Pittsburg RR Website and Rangely Lakes Sled club at:http://www.rangeleysnowmobile.com/webcam.htm or check them out at www.axis.com. If you are interested post it with contact vitals and I will call you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Originally posted by Airtime006@Oct 19 2005, 08:02 AM
I like the Bear trap idea.  If you are really interested in surveillance, do you have a WWW connection?  If not, then you need to go with an analog camera($50-75) and a VCR or possible DVR(digital video recorder $250).  Run the coax into your recording device and try to make sure it is hidden.  The problem with this set up is the thieve if they have time will try to find the recording device and damage it so you loose your evidence.  I sell Network(IP) cameras but you need to have a Network to support my cameras and they are more expensive but much better resolution/quality.  You can see them on Pittsburg RR Website and Rangely Lakes Sled club at:http://www.rangeleysnowmobile.com/webcam.htm  or check them out at www.axis.com.  If you are interested post it with contact vitals and I will call you.  Good luck.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939856
[/quote]
Is that you John R. :dunno:

If it is, welcome to HCS and the cameras are working great! :banana: :banana:

PS - please excuse me for getting off topic temporarily.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mark: Yes, thanks for the greeting. I tend to lurk more than post at times. Glad to hear the cams are working great, I check them out atleast once a month. Soon enough we will hear that lovely crunch under our feet of hard cold snow. Enjoy the fall and if I go the the Rock Sled show, I will be sure to stop by.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Sorry if my point came across wrong. I wasn't trying to say everyone that rides them is a bad person. It's just like anything a couple bad people make the sport look bad. I agree there needs to be better enforcement too and better funding. Maybe we could help in a donation jar possibly, like we do for grooming? Raising fees could help too. I would rather pay $20-$30 a year more for better enforcement than pay what we are now with the enforcement we have now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts