Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's and girl's,
I was sittin' in school today and just day dreaming about snowmobiling! And I thought, 'well you know, Arctic Cat has had the F-Cat out for '03, '04, '05, & '06 (4 years) and it seems to me like the ZR; by now the next year ('07) AC should be changing their style of their sled. So what clicked in my head was... about that October 2004 issue of PRIDE Mag. In it on pg.5 theres a man named Nathan Blomker. It talks about how he designs future AC sleds. The sled in the pic looks awesome, on pg.5! It's like a F-Cat squished together in a rev form! Man...It looks SWEET! All I can say is if ACs new sled for '07 looks like that, count me in for buyin' one for '07!' :beerchug:

So what do you guy's think about this, idea?
And what do you think about '07, anything new coming?

Thanks
:div20: Arctic Man :div20:

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd like to see some Crossfires with 800 and 900 motors{new stlye} and an optional 1 1/2" 6-pitch track right from the factory.There's the possibility of a lightweight chassis with a 8-900cc twin cam twin cyl 4 -stroke with a turbo.Same horsepower as the Yamaha 4 but 40lbs lighter.That might work.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
thats an old pic,sorry dude :div20:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
im pretty sure the m-series chassis/fcat front end(crossfire) is the new way cats going...

the next chassis that is...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything as ugly as a rev so if they go to that format I'll be buying up all the 03-06's in the F chassis

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'd be ok with the firecats going to the m chassis but i want the firecat hood on them. That F hood is cooler looking to me than the M.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I think cat better have something special for 07. My next sled will need to be real close to what the mach Z/mx z renegade 1000x has to offer as far as mpg and horsepower are concerned.

The ride reports of the cross fire that I have read indicated that it pushes in the corners,sucks gas and struggles to hit 100mph if at all. If this is the direction cat is going then I'm out. Ofcourse I'm a little shy around cats anyways cause Ialways said I would never own a cat and then i finally broke down and bought an F7 and the first thing it did was pop an engine at 900 miles :banghead: but now I have logged on 2600 and like the machine,, but the next generation of cats better kick some serious ass because the competitions do and there already on the showroom floors.

i think this emmissions thing is cats #1 problem these days and everyone has been asking the same ? when is cat going to come out with something bigger and better and a lot of us are having trouble holding our breaths waiting.

I just got my new arctic cat pride magazine today and they are describing this new crossfire as the best sled they ever built :nuts: I aint buyin one.

Hopefully they get this figured out and relese something fresh and worthwhile for 07 :div20: More then likely though this emmissions thing has the boys in a jam, a jam that skidoo doesn't seem to be in.

We will just have to wait and see. :drunk: if not it's a mach z for me and keep the old f7 for a spare

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Hey guys, the pic is a year old, BUT it's of something we havent seen on the snow yet. Notice the upper a-arm. It has a bar on either side of the shock. It has the new skis on it, yet the ZR - dare I say REV like - front suspension.

hmmm

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by wolterf6@Oct 13 2005, 07:59 PM
its gotta be a four stroke comparable to a rx1 style i believe if anything they will introduce a lighter 4 stroke then yamaha.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928186
[/quote]

would they expand off of the t660 or how would they do that? they will have to run a turbo unless they come up with somethin new-seems like cat's dropped teh ball the last couple of years, but i think 07 or 08 will be a very big year for them

·
Registered
127 Posts
really right now i'm to sure of what cat is thinking of doing but hopfully something good because i odn't no about you guys i'm kinda looking at the firecat as a zr old new cat hopfully has something amazing this year that the competition won't be able to touchi'm hoping for the firecat with maybe a different type of chassi to change the way the rider sites

·
Registered
575 Posts
I heard thru the vine that a four stroker for sure,in the M chassis that is around 900 cc,s to start(start) that is twin turbo putting out around 180 hrse and tuns of tork. And by the way three lungs.That would be light and sound awsome. I hope it happens because good things should happen to good people!!!! :div20:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Even if they don't come out with anything new, I won't care cause my sleds still only have 1200 miles on both and are perfect. But I thing we will see a larger displacement 4 stroke soon in a crossfire chassis.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IMO, I don't care for the X-Fire looks or chassis! The hood imo is really ugly and blaa. I was thinking of something totally different for '07! But, so what if that pic is 10 years old, it's something that is futuristic and something you haven't seen yet. Its got the new AC skis on it and a different updated sus., so I bet ya that this is something of what the '07 F-Cats are going to look like!

My 2 cents

Arctic Man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts