Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I rode maybe 4-500 miles on a set of 4.5” shapers on my stock skis. I preferred the woodys 6” round bar over the shapers. The round bars were point and shoot. Wherever I pointed the skis the sled went. With the shapers I noticed more outside ski catch & grab around corners and it would in turn want to lift the inside ski.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,264 Posts
For a C&A choice to try I'd find it to be a forgiving choice to try given so many people complain of heavy steering effort with C&A's. One that I'd only consider for someone that will totally stay on Trail. C&A has better skis for crossover on/off trail play. I put a set on my Wife's old Pro-S w/ 6" shapers and she never complained of steering effort. We swapped sleds a few times and I gotta say it was a really nice trail ski. I ripped on it hard and got off laughing my ass off at how good that 600 was set up for trail riding. I had a 2-2-2-2 stud pattern with this set up. Didn't push and wasn't heavy steering in my opinion.

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
I chatted with c and a about why the razors suck on procross but worked very well on older sleds. They said the rzr is not a great choice for a rider foreward sled as they were designed before those sleds were even out. They said the xpt and the newer designed crossover skis will work much better.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,264 Posts
I chatted with c and a about why the razors suck on procross but worked very well on older sleds. They said the rzr is not a great choice for a rider foreward sled as they were designed before those sleds were even out. They said the xpt and the newer designed crossover skis will work much better.
I liked the XPT better than the Razor and the XCS better than the XPT. I don't regularly recommend the XCS to everyone for the heavy steering that so many complain of. It is a ski for aggressive riding and I find as long as you are aggressively riding the ski shines.

On my Assault I actually like the MTX with 6" round bars the best. Great deeper snow floatation and not too aggressive.

Getting away totally from C&A because I like trying different skis last year I tried the USI EPIC skis and loved them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts