Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some opinions QUICK before ski's are gone. Has anybody had any experience with them? How are they? I have the chance to pick up a set of C&A XT Extreme Ski's with 10" carbides, the ski's are quite a bit more aggressive looking then Razors and I am having second doubts about them and if they are to much ski -- Idiot that owned my ZRT800 originally rode it with NON-carbide skags, wore them down to the ski keel and wore the keel down it was pushing in the corners wicked hard and now that I got it 100% mechanically tuned I am doing suspension(done) and handling skis are all thats left to do. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

·
Registered
633 Posts
Had them on my switchback and they were a mother to steer but they bite hard in the corners I would look at getting the outlaws they are still real aggressive like the xt but not quite as hard to steer

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had them on my switchback and they were a mother to steer but they bite hard in the corners I would look at getting the outlaws they are still real aggressive like the xt but not quite as hard to steer[/b]
Thanks, I was a bit worried about that because the same guy also has a pair of Outlaws in the same shape for the same price. I thought they(XT's) might be a bit to much ski so I'll probably buy the Outlaws they look the same with some minor differences,I've never run C&A's always USI's but for what he wants for either pair I figured I'd try the C&A's instead of the USI's.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
If you go offtrail much you might want the XT's for the extra floatation(7 1/4" wide). The Outlaws still float alot better thans the stockers(6" wide vs. 5" and are longer, also).

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've run C&A's on my last couple sleds now and would definately say they are a nice ski if you ride in loose snow conditions. One thing you never seem to hear people mention though is how rigid they are. I don't know if you remember the old plastic ZR style ski but those had to be one of the most flexible ski's on the snow and didn't transfer much feed back through the bars. The C&A's are the exact opposite. In typical trail conditions they will let you know about every rock, stump and hard piece of dirt you ride over. Feedback is the key word here! And lots of it. You shoulders will tell the difference at the end of the day and so will the steering components. Ie faster wear.

Depending on your sled and the style of riding you do they might work well for you. If you want a "cool" looking ski that bites hard in just about every condition and feeds back every bump to you then go with the C&A's. However,it's proven they are a slower ski when used in cross contry racing applications so keep that in mind if you are looking for top speeds. Look on USCC's website and see how many sleds aren't running the C&A in cross country. The deeper square keel scubs speed on the big end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts