Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering who has miles on C&A pros on their F7 snopros? I ordered a race set with 6 inch carbides. I am not running studs. Thoughts?

·
Registered
534 Posts
My riding pal, SnoProG remarked that the C&A was better (it's bigger) in deep powder than the stock. He was using 6 inch stock carbides on his C&A skis with 156 studs in his F7.

He thought that in low snow conditions it was a bit harder to turn the handlebars using that ski vs my F7 with stock skis. Our sleds aren't completely setup the same (mines a standard with standard skis and his is a Sno-Pro with C&A's). The skis on his did require a little more effort to turn (low snow conditions might have something to do with that). He was running 6 inch carbides, I was running 10 inch on my stock ski.

He also said that he's going to upgrade to 8 inch carbides on his C&A's. He felt 6 inch carbides were not enough for 156 inch studs.

That's our opinions so far. More to come later after more riding, etc.

BTW: I'm sticking with my stock skis and 156 studs and 10 inch carbides. I might get C&A's for powder riding if we ever go out west. Might consider them for added floatation.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Atomic,

Your right, it does take more to steer with the C&A's on, but they corner on rails!! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great!! I got a smokin deal on them, so I am exceited to try them!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$270 for the race skis with yellow handles, mount kit and my choice of 6 or 8 inch carbides. Brand new in box.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have the white c and a pro race skis on my team arctic package f7 with 8 inch carbides and it turns great. The skis are also a little wider than the stock ones. I paid 275 for the skis, mounting kit, and carbides at the snowmobile show in Novi, MI

·
Registered
629 Posts
Does anyone know the comparsion between the race and agressive trail skis are? I have a set of agressive trails and was thinking about putting them on. Thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Earl,

Aggressive trails is actually what I have on mine. The difference to the race ski is minimal, I think just a more aggressive keel on the race ski. Try them, you'll like them.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Actually, the only difference between the race and aggressive trail is that the race has two machined grooves on either side of the keel, the keel itself is the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts