Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen much talk of aftermarket ski's on the site before, but I an VERY confused on which works best for what application.

I am only interested in the C&A Pros only and want to make the correct decision on which model to go with. I ride mostly trails, groomed (smooth if I am lucky) and also try to take 2 trips out west to do some powder riding. Are the improvments of installing C&A's justyfiable to the cost of purchasing them and which version should I be considering.....trail or race?? Thanks a bunch!
-John

S

·
0 Posts
I love the C&A's race ski I ride mostly trail but also race on the odd weekend. they hold the corners better then the stock skis by far. I can kick the rear of the sled out with ease now even with studs. I would recomend them to anybody it is like night and day.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have the c&a race skis I like them alot, they work great in everything except for crusty snow,where if it catches after even the smallest air it can pitch hard after landing.The only other thing I dont care for is one of the nuts on the spindle wears into the skis

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
John, just curious as to why you're only interested in the C&A skis, and none of the others -- especially the SLPs -- that have also gotten some excellent reviews here and elsewhere? -- Roy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Roy T@Mar 16 2003, 03:59 PM
John, just curious as to why you're only interested in the C&A skis, and none of the others -- especially the SLPs -- that have also gotten some excellent reviews here and elsewhere? -- Roy
Roy,

I can get great deals on C&A's(connection). I know this sounds stupid, but I really like the looks of them also.... One other thing I do have to concern myself with is overall width of whatever ski I decide to upgrade to.... I have very minimal width to play with in my covered trailer :(
-John

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Mar 16 2003, 03:43 PM
Snowblind,

So you do not feel that the 'race' version is too aggressive for everyday use/trail riding?
-John
All ungroomed trails, and I ride pretty hard, so the great stearing response is awsome. the agressive stearing is GOOOODDD.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow+Mar 16 2003, 05:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Roy T
@Mar 16 2003, 03:59 PM
Roy,

I can get great deals on C&A's(connection). I know this sounds stupid, but I really like the looks of them also.... One other thing I do have to concern myself with is overall width of whatever ski I decide to upgrade to.... I have very minimal width to play with in my covered trailer :(
-John [/b]
The C&A's are much wider pic inclosed

Attachments

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Snowblind@Mar 16 2003, 05:15 PM
I guess that takes care of that idea..... :( :( :( After seeing the pic, I measured the stock ski to be 5" and I believe the C&A's are 6"?? Is that correct?
-John

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
My buddy TeamGreenf7 and I both have the race on our f7s and we both like them alot.

Buy the race and if they're to aggressive for you--just dremel the keel down--the C and A guy told us thats what he recommends--that way you are happy with whatever you get

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow+Mar 16 2003, 06:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Snowblind
@Mar 16 2003, 05:15 PM
I guess that takes care of that idea..... :( :( :( After seeing the pic, I measured the stock ski to be 5" and I believe the C&A's are 6"?? Is that correct?
-John [/b]
John,

The race C&A's are 5" wide and the trail are 6". I think I am gonna get the 6" ones.

Nick

S

·
0 Posts
Unless thet changed the part#'s the race are 6" ase you can see in the picture.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Mar 17 2003, 02:18 PM
Unless thet changed the part#'s the race are 6" ase you can see in the picture.
Your right! My bad. According to My Parts Unlimited Catalog, they say 5", but the website says 6" and I believe the website and you guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts