Hardcore Sledder banner

WHAT WOULD YOU GET ? PRICE DOESNT MATTER.

• CA OUTLAW $355.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GOING TO ORDER MY SKIS AND CANT MAKE UP MIND WHAT IS THE MAJOR DIFF BETWEEN THE 2 I HEAR THE OUTLAWS ARE MORE AGRESSIVE BUT HOW MUCH? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
where are you getting them from. sounds a little high on the price? do they come with a mounting kit and carbides? i would go with the razors. recstuff.com call doug rust and he will hook you up might save a little money. good guy too

·
Registered
542 Posts
The outlaws have a center keel that is about 3/4 to 1 " taller and the out side turned down edges are square . THAY WILL DART !!!! And just are only better if you only ride in powder or sno cross conditions. ie loose mashed potatos.
ON the other hand the razors (which I have) Do not dart at all unless you put 10" of carbide on shaper bars. in wich case every ski will dart.(10" on shaper bars is what i just changed to. I don't mind a little dart and the darting is not bad at all)
When it is all said and done the razor is the best damn ski made for all around conditions. :banana:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Tell rec stuff you heard about them from hsc !
I talked to them at hay days and said maby we at hsc might like to do some sort of group buy. and he said maby we could work something out. So someone should try to see what intrest we have in doing that. Thay also make the the rec lifts.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO THAT PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE CARBIDES JUST MOUNTING FARDWARE. IM GOING TO CALL REC STUFF FIRST.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
hey dr go with razers they are a awesome ski. give my friends a call at rave performance, they are a hcs advertiser and fellow members, they just opend up a shop so they are looking for any business they can get. call them at 207 657 7727 tell them jeremy sent you, they will hook you up!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
are razors better than simmons flexis for on trail and off trail?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Dr - the Outlaws are a very aggressive ski. I can't compare them to the razors because I have never ridden with them on. I love the outlaws and it helped my F6 handle the way it was designed to. A little bit of playing around with the suspension and Outlaws ended up being a awesome combination. I WOULD reccomend them :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Originally posted by 97440express@Oct 12 2005, 07:14 PM
The outlaws have a center keel that is about 3/4 to 1 " taller and the out side turned down edges are square . THAY WILL DART !!!! And just are only better if you only ride in powder or sno cross conditions. ie loose mashed potatos.
ON the other hand the razors (which I have) Do not dart at all unless you put 10" of carbide on shaper bars. in wich case every ski will dart.(10" on shaper bars is what i just changed to. I don't mind  a little dart and the darting is not bad at all)
When it is all said and done the razor is the best damn ski made for all around conditions. :banana:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925535
[/quote]

I haven't had any problems with darting with my Outlaws. They really arn't the best in powder. Definately better than stock in powder but dont float like my simmons. I am running 7.5" of carbide (i think - cant remember)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally posted by 97440express@Oct 12 2005, 07:27 PM
got the wifes razors at hay days from rec stuff with 8" carbides and mounting kit for 295.00 +tax
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925563
[/quote]
Thats what I paid at the Big East snowmobile show. Mine were a factory blems, but you couldn't notice a small burn patch on the ski. Besides at that price I can live with a dime size blem

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have used the powder pros, then switched to razors. They are both great skis, but i like the razors better with 7.5 shaper bars. You will be thrilled with the razors.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My wifes were blems also but it just looked like pepper mixed in with the green and you can't see it from one foot away. so who cares

·
Registered
745 Posts
Originally posted by joe_f7@Oct 12 2005, 07:08 PM
where are you getting them from. sounds a little high on the price? do they come with a mounting kit and carbides? i would go with the razors. recstuff.com call doug rust and he will hook you up might save a little money. good guy too
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925515
[/quote]

Exactly what he said. That guys has the best prices around and he's overall a great guy. I've bought quite a few things from him including my skis.

BTW: if u dont have studs get the 7.5 inch carbides and if you do have studs go with the 9 inch. I have the 9 inch with studs and my sled handles like it's on rails. If you can get the right ski and rear pressure it'll outhandle anything.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Holy shit were you guys right i called rec and i got the razors with mount kit and 8 inch carbides for 285.00 i cant believe the price!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW ANY ONE HAVE A GOOD CONNNECTION ON STUDS?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts