Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
24,522 Posts
I agree that FCA is on their death bed but I call bullshit on the Chinese. I mean, Jeep, in China? That's BEYOND laughable. Considering that the only thing keeping Chrysler afloat right now is their trucks and Jeep. Neither have any real substantial use in the Chinese market so again, still calling bullshit.

·
Super Moderator
36,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that FCA is on their death bed but I call bullshit on the Chinese. I mean, Jeep, in China? That's BEYOND laughable. Considering that the only thing keeping Chrysler afloat right now is their trucks and Jeep. Neither have any real substantial use in the Chinese market so again, still calling bullshit.
Maybe?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldunne/2016/11/25/pickup-trucks-are-suddenly-hot-in-china-and-detroit-is-set-to-cash-in-no-not-fake-news/

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'd be surprised if it didn't happen. Could be the best thing versus them throwing in the towel, China's Geely has done big things with Volvo.

FCA has been slowly circling the drain for a while, and Sergio's antics haven't helped (i.e. funneling tons of cash at the lunatic pipe dreams of Fiat and Alfa Romeo). He's been looking for a merger or buyout for a while now, and nobody's dumb enough to merge since FCA has nothing to bring to the table, so a buyout is inevitable.

Jeep and Ram are the crown jewels, it will be interesting to see what happens to the rest since the rest of the product lines are ancient in terms of the automotive world.

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
Maybe fiat will start building bikes(both gas and peddle ) for the Chinese. ..I mean,that's all they seem to use there
Hope they work better than their cub cadet lawn mower engines. Neighbor bought one and it self- destructed after almost a season.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I'd be surprised if it didn't happen. Could be the best thing versus them throwing in the towel, China's Geely has done big things with Volvo.

FCA has been slowly circling the drain for a while, and Sergio's antics haven't helped (i.e. funneling tons of cash at the lunatic pipe dreams of Fiat and Alfa Romeo). He's been looking for a merger or buyout for a while now, and nobody's dumb enough to merge since FCA has nothing to bring to the table, so a buyout is inevitable.

Jeep and Ram are the crown jewels, it will be interesting to see what happens to the rest since the rest of the product lines are ancient in terms of the automotive world.
Not just their Jeep and truck line up. The Pacifica placed #1 and the Caravan placed #2 in initial quality for JD Power in their respective markets. Billions was just sank into that minivan plant to re-tool for the Pacifica.

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
Not just their Jeep and truck line up. The Pacifica placed #1 and the Caravan placed #2 in initial quality for JD Power in their respective markets. Billions was just sank into that minivan plant to re-tool for the Pacifica.
They needed to retool on the pacifica or get out of the minivan market. It was a pos.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
They needed to retool on the pacifica or get out of the minivan market. It was a pos.
Be careful what you say. That plant and what you call a pos has supported and is still supporting 5 generations of my family name. Car manufacturers who build a pos don't run 3 shifts 6 days a week like we do and only build what's been ordered by customers not just build cars to have our pos sit in a lot somewhere.

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
Be careful what you say. That plant and what you call a pos has supported and is still supporting 5 generations of my family name. Car manufacturers who build a pos don't run 3 shifts 6 days a week like we do and only build what's been ordered by customers not just build cars to have our pos sit in a lot somewhere.
I didn't mean this to refer to your family, just the end product. There are a lot of great folks out there that have to build what the company wants, good or bad. There will always be suckers out there that will buy anything.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You guys that sit at home with your red, white, and blue glasses on thinking Ford, GM, and Ram are "American" made are comical.

I heard the leader of the country refer to Harley as 100% U.S.A and just about had to spit out my tabackey...

We do not need to go too deep here, but we have people in this country that think they deserve $15 dollars an hour to assemble a fuckin burger!!! Everything needs to be overseas from a peon labor standpoint IMO, too many damn oppressed uneducated parasites in this country. I recently just replaced about 5-6 humans with 3 compact robots on a single assembly line and even increased my efficiency from 85 to 95% aha.

That being said, there are still good entry level hard-working, properly raised people out there but most of them aren't millennials.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Hope they work better than their cub cadet lawn mower engines. Neighbor bought one and it self- destructed after almost a season.

sounds exactly like my 1988 650 Wildcat I bought brand new

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
sounds exactly like my 1988 650 Wildcat I bought brand new
They may have handled/rode like a pos and were ugly as hell, but they pulled some pretty good top end speeds for a 650 twin at the time. The brakes were garbage on them to. I didn't see any real reliability issue with one here.

·
Premium Member
15,567 Posts
The Chrysler Minivan is a unrivaled success. Anyone who thinks it's a POS certainly has never owned one. I've owned a number of them and am trying to buy another right now. GM and Ford left that market because they couldn't compete against it.:bc:

I didn't mean this to refer to your family, just the end product. There are a lot of great folks out there that have to build what the company wants, good or bad. There will always be suckers out there that will buy anything.
That's for sure. Look at the folks who buy foreign cars/trucks thinking that the grass is greener. In fact a friend did just that for a Nissan and the engine seized up from sludging prematurely. He's a mechanic who changes his oil religiously.

You guys that sit at home with your red, white, and blue glasses on thinking Ford, GM, and Ram are "American" made are comical.

I heard the leader of the country refer to Harley as 100% U.S.A and just about had to spit out my tabackey...

We do not need to go too deep here, but we have people in this country that think they deserve $15 dollars an hour to assemble a fuckin burger!!! Everything needs to be overseas from a peon labor standpoint IMO, too many damn oppressed uneducated parasites in this country. I recently just replaced about 5-6 humans with 3 compact robots on a single assembly line and even increased my efficiency from 85 to 95% aha.

That being said, there are still good entry level hard-working, properly raised people out there but most of them aren't millennials.
Bingo! No wonder American made products have so many problems. Cheap foreign parts, poorly trained workers, no pride of workmanship. But, the foreign manufacturers are now beginning to experience the same dilemma. Faulty airbags, cheating on emissions, etc.

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
The Chrysler Minivan is a unrivaled success. Anyone who thinks it's a POS certainly has never owned one. I've owned a number of them and am trying to buy another right now. GM and Ford left that market because they couldn't compete against it.:bc:

That's for sure. Look at the folks who buy foreign cars/trucks thinking that the grass is greener. In fact a friend did just that for a Nissan and the engine seized up from sludging prematurely. He's a mechanic who changes his oil religiously.

Bingo! No wonder American made products have so many problems. Cheap foreign parts, poorly trained workers, no pride of workmanship. But, the foreign manufacturers are now beginning to experience the same dilemma. Faulty airbags, cheating on emissions, etc.
The wife and i test rode in a chrysler mini van years ago...it was a pos. In fact all the domestic vehicles were pretty bad. Can't say about nissan ,never had one or drove one but many of their motors required synthetic motor oil or you'd have sludge issues...lots of oil change shops didn't know better. Say what you want but i've now ridden in a lot of the jap vehicles...its no wonder why their eating our lunch.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts