Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying a new F-5. For the people that own them now, do you recomend purchasing this?
I rode both the 04 F-6 and the 03 F-5 and liked them both. The F-6 was awsome and was not disapointed with the F-5's power. For $ reasons I'm getting the F-5. But since I started reading on this forum I've
been getting second thoughts!...........F-5......good?, or bad?.......Would like some feedback on your experence!..............Thanks guys!.....(girls) :huh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 230 lbs, and love my F5. It just depends on your riding style. I love to bang trails, and really wanted a 440 sno pro, but was concerned with how reliable it would be. I think my F5SP is a great sled for a 500 cc. I would by another one.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ditto!!!!!!!

If you are a trail rider who likes the occasional 100 mph spat across a frozen lake, go for the F5.

I personally love my F5, its fast enough on the trails, with good pickup, good mileage, and handling and ride.

(although the handling and ride is equal to the 6 and 7).

I too was in the same boat as you, between the 7 and the 5. I chose the 5 partially because of money, partially because of insurance dollars (ouch), and for my needs, a 500 is more than enough (had a 99 ZL 500 carb before this one).

Steve CZ

·
Registered
696 Posts
The only thing I didn't like was all the oil I was going through. With that fixed, I have to say it's a blast. It's super light, which is great for twisty turns and ditch approaches. Despite the fact that it's not an F7, it's still a very powerful and very fast sled. Just ask the Polaris Edge and ZR600 guys I was riding with last weekend! :lol: :p Made them look absolutely silly... B)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Oh, one more thing, it likes to burp a lot.....

After it eats a couple of XC 600's for breakfast, lunch, and the occasional afternoon snack..

:p :D :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree. It's been a fun sled. All of my buddies thought they could beat my fat ass, only to find out I was either in front of them, or beside them for most of the time. On the trail always in front except my sno pro buddy . I think if I was running the same gearing it would be a diffrent story with him. He's just as big as I am. The 440 rocks!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
if you are a aggressive rider who likes to really throw a sled around the f5 is the better choice. i'm keeping mine. i have 3000 miles on it. the more you ride it the better you like it....

·
Registered
102 Posts
My F 5 is my 7th Arctic Cat and by far the best. Once you get it dialed in you can ride the twisty trails faster and in more control then you would think possible. I got and honest 15.3 miles per gallon several times riding pretty hard with a Pol and Yam rider there to prove it. Get on a straight stretch going about 20 and mash the throttle and you wouldnt beilieve its only a stinkin little 500!! When you want to just sit back and cruise it rides as good as my wifes 02 ZL. Id buy another one in a second.

·
Registered
7 Posts
F5 is a good choice. If you like twisty and bumpy trails, like I do, it is more fun than F7. Gas mileage is good and when you get the suspension dialed in it really eats up the bumps. Some guys round here have changed less aggressive track ( 1") for easier cornering to SPs. Engine can take hard beating - no burn downs with F5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts