Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to pass up

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well no doubt the dragon will handel a lil better but do you want to be out front and dont get me wrong the mach handels really well. But you wont be able to throw it around like the dragon but if your only ridding groomed trails you wont need to throw it around I donno its a hard decision all depends on if you want the speed and willing to pay the extra $

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to pass up[/b]
just wondering something....what did you do with that sno-pro suspension on your f-7??? did you just get on it and ride??

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Go with the Mach Z, no compairson in the two sleds IMO. The Mach has what will feel like twice the power and for trail riding the Mach is like a razor. The Dragon looks cool (I guess) but Polaris cheaped out on a lot of details on that sled (look at the tail light for example; it is a crappy little bracket hanging off the rear of the seat). If you feel you want a Polaris (I personally wouldn't even compaire the two sleds) wait another year...Polaris is not on their game this year at all. They don't even have a sled in the same catagory as the Mach for that matter and any dealership that sells them should tell you the same thing...or they are full of it and I wouldn't trust them to put gas in your sled much less buy one from them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go with the Mach Z, no compairson in the two sleds IMO. The Mach has what will feel like twice the power and for trail riding the Mach is like a razor. The Dragon looks cool (I guess) but Polaris cheaped out on a lot of details on that sled (look at the tail light for example; it is a crappy little bracket hanging off the rear of the seat). If you feel you want a Polaris (I personally wouldn't even compaire the two sleds) wait another year...Polaris is not on their game this year at all. They don't even have a sled in the same catagory as the Mach for that matter and any dealership that sells them should tell you the same thing...or they are full of it and I wouldn't trust them to put gas in your sled much less buy one from them.[/b]
That's funny, the Dragon has been getting awesome reviews and has been rated one of the best sleds to buy this year by more than 1 mag . :no_bashing: A friend of mine bought one and said it rides so much better than his F-7. The WE shocks are the best you can get on a stock sled and the handling is no comparison according to him - it's the first Polaris he's ever owned and he is very impressed- he also said the power comes on much stronger and has more top end to boot. I have yet to race him but I don't think it will outrun a Mach Z if it's set up right but out of the box, they are impressive. I'm not defending the Dragon but this is what I was told by my buddy and he has had some bigger CC sleds. I don't think you can go wrong with either sled. I love my Mach Z - it is my UP machine and rides great after many upgrades. But, I have fortunately have a couple other choices for different rides.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the new dragon is very impressive sled, the ride is hard to beat. right out of the box they dyno'd one at 145 horse at spam very comparible to the mach up through the numbers but the mach will probably run the dragon down on top but i would be supprised if the mach could keep up from stump to stump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would recomend trying the ski-doo renegade x 1000,i bought a 2006 and i love it! it handles excellent and with the 136x16x1.125 track and x package suspension you can fly over the bumps and you dont even feel them!and you dont really notice the longer track in the trails either! it handles great! and its very good on gas to! its the cadilac of snowmobiles and i am 6'4 280lbs and i rode it last year 200miles in 1day and wasnt 1 bit sore the next day,if i rode my 1999 mach z 200miles i wouldnt be able to move the next day ha-ha (just kidding)but seriously its the easiest, fastest and most comfortable sled i have ever rode! and its a blast in the deep snow to! just thought i would give you my opinion! good luck-big bore 1000

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
In my opinion hold your horses until the 2008 sleds come out. Ski-Doo will be releasing the 800r motor in a trail sled. That motor will outpull your F7 and the Dragon any day. It was dyno'd by Am-Snow at 156hp and bikeman dyno'd the sled at 158hp That's a LOT of hp out of an 800cc sled. Plus it will be out in a new chassis that will likely be an amazing handling sled.

·
Registered
304 Posts
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to pass up[/b]

Lose some weight and learn how to ride. The F7 is one of the best handling sleds out there. I've ridden both of these sleds and neither of the sleds you're looking at handle as well as the F7.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey ice man how about you come riding with me i guarantee il be waiting for you at every junction, also nect time you tell someone to learn how to ride make sure he isnt 6'3 250 lbs becasue the guy probally is going to kick your ass

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Lose some weight and learn how to ride. The F7 is one of the best handling sleds out there. I've ridden both of these sleds and neither of the sleds you're looking at handle as well as the F7.[/b]

I lol'd at this post. First off the guy can prolly kick your ass, second the firecat does have a good ride, but does not compare to my IQ 600 ho. Yes the f7 is faster but does not have the ride. I suggest you actually ride another brand before you go to say that. The new F series has a way better ride than the Fcats. Its just proven facts. I think you should read up before making an ass of yourself. Good Day

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wait till 08' better sleds are coming and the prices on the 07's will be better.

Do the Doo, they are the number one in sleds now. Polaris will need a year or 3 to get back on top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts