Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
It clips onto four post that you install on the tunnel. Never had an issue attaching or removing from the sled. Has a strap handle for carrying to and from sled. Very secure. Good construction quality. The bag has a bottom plate that sits about 1/2” off the tunnel with four small rubber bumpers that touch the tunnel for support. I added thick shipping tape where the bumpers contact the tunnel. After 900mi I could see where the bumpers wore on the tape, but not close to rubbing through. I have the liner, but never had snow inside of lid. If in a lot of fluff, I could see snow getting inside of the lid. Its not a big bag. If your just doing a one overnight ride it will work. I picked up the shovel bag to attach to the top to expand the storage a little if needed. I put another liner bag in that. The combo worked well for me. Normally I’m not overnighting so the bag is plenty big for me. If I’m not doing an overnight I don’t need to carry extra oil under the seat… under seat, behind the gauge and a handle bar bag is plenty of storage for everything I carry. Plus the low profile and shape looks better then the other bags available.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I will be considering it. Once I get the sled, I need to fit my Kimpex Gas caddy then check if theirs enough tunnel for Waterproof bag. If not, I'll stock à Kimpex bag on top of the caddy

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk
Doing same thing but already have waterproof bag coming, worry about things not being available during season.
Ordered everything I thought I want for my 22 same time I ordered sled and got most but not all before I took delivery of sled in mid March. Plus if you order now and pay for it you will beat inevitable price increase. I did this before the April 1st increase, saved me $30 on heated seat.

·
Registered
ZR8000 RR 2020 & ZR9000 RR 2019
393 Posts
Doing same thing but already have waterproof bag coming, worry about things not being available during season.
Ordered everything I thought I want for my 22 same time I ordered sled and got most but not all before I took delivery of sled in mid March. Plus if you order now and pay for it you will beat inevitable price increase. I did this before the April 1st increase, saved me $30 on heated seat.
My sled is coming with the Med Burandt bag that I wish I had not taken when I built it but it is what it is... Did you take the tunnel measurements to map out your components? I would be more confident ordering the bag if I could map it out 1st

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
My sled is coming with the Med Burandt bag that I wish I had not taken when I built it but it is what it is... Did you take the tunnel measurements to map out your components? I would be more confident ordering the bag if I could map it out 1st

Not precisely, I have the tall sport tunnel bag on my 21 assault and quite sure I can fit 2.5 gallon fuel pax behind it. I also ordered the adventure rack and may try mounting fuel pax to side of it and bags can be mounted in it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not precisely, I have the tall sport tunnel bag on my 21 assault and quite sure I can fit 2.5 gallon fuel pax behind it. I also ordered the adventure rack and may try mounting fuel pax to side of it and bags can be mounted in it.
I doubt I will be that lucky with my 137... Time will tell.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris xc 800
452 Posts
Kind of off topic but wanted to ask about gas caddies...I pretty much only ride northern Maine. Shin pond is as far south as I typically start. My Axys holds 11.5 gallons of gas. If I calculate based on 10 gallans at a minimum I can go 120 miles of on trail riding. There is no place I ride where gas is that far apart. Am I being short sighted? Do any of you guys ever get into you spare gas on the trail?

Thanks,
SkisNH

·
Registered
2022 Switchback Assault 850
430 Posts
All depends on where you ride. I know I've been in northern Quebec and had to do a 138mi stretch between fuel stops. At that time I didn't have any extra fuel onboard my Z1, surprisingly enough it made it. The guys I was riding with did carry extra on their doo's.
I will have a set-up for my sba to carry a 3.5us gal fuelpax for the upcoming season and i'm going to look at a smaller tank option as well.

·
Registered
RMK - IQR
279 Posts
For anyone using the lock and ride bags on very bumpy trails: they can and will fall off the tunnel. Just something to be mindful of if riding on beaten trails with big whoops.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Kind of off topic but wanted to ask about gas caddies...I pretty much only ride northern Maine. Shin pond is as far south as I typically start. My Axys holds 11.5 gallons of gas. If I calculate based on 10 gallans at a minimum I can go 120 miles of on trail riding. There is no place I ride where gas is that far apart. Am I being short sighted? Do any of you guys ever get into you spare gas on the trail?

Thanks,
SkisNH
Probably not... Here in MN there are some loops up north where fuel stops can be either be long gaps or long spur trails into city. Also if you prefer to run Non-Ox, then you may wish to bring your own. But you know where you like to ride best. If you go off-trail, gas usage can be significantly different :). Also... I have a gas caddy mounted on my sled (ski doo one with adapters) but on the majority of rides, it stays in the trailer. But some rides... well... not every sled who might ride with me, has 100+ miles of range... and it is really nice have extra gas when needed.

Mike

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

Thanks,
SkisNH
Riding fairly aggressively I bet you’ll get 150 mi from a tank. Running 3/4 to WOT will be more like 100-110.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,012 Posts
For anyone using the lock and ride bags on very bumpy trails: they can and will fall off the tunnel. Just something to be mindful of if riding on beaten trails with big whoops.
Haven't lost one yet. I ride some garbage sometimes in northern Wisconsin and the UP.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I wonder if you didn’t have them latched all the way? I also rode some really rough trails and even had a oil caddy mounted on mine and it preformed flawlessly. It’s 2.5 gallon full of oil, so pretty heavy.
Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Probably not... Here in MN there are some loops up north where fuel stops can be either be long gaps or long spur trails into city. Also if you prefer to run Non-Ox, then you may wish to bring your own. But you know where you like to ride best. If you go off-trail, gas usage can be significantly different :). Also... I have a gas caddy mounted on my sled (ski doo one with adapters) but on the majority of rides, it stays in the trailer. But some rides... well... not every sled who might ride with me, has 100+ miles of range... and it is really nice have extra gas when needed.

Mike
I have yet to add gas on the trail and when I ran Zuks, I loved to ride with my Doo buddies and their LinQ gas caddie cause we all knew our Cats would run out of fuel before they ever did

That said, I expect that the BOOST will have a shorter range per tank so I've added one to next years setup.

It's for peace of mind. You can map it all out according to where you are going to gas up but shit goes sideways at times.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts